When I first bought my Lumia 930 (international version, from Germany), many battery life was superb, at 100% I got 1day 18hours left.
    But as time went on (after a month of heavy usage) by heavy usage I mean installing, uninstalling apps/games, multiple chat apps, I noticed at 100% battery I had 11hours (very poor).

I decided to factory reset the phone, and I didn't restore from settings, and everything went back to normal (100% @ 1day 18hours) and I gradually re-installed my apps. I was scared some of these apps were the culprit for the poor battery life, so I reinstalled only the essentials. and my battery life remained at 1day 18hours at 100%

I recently installed WAZE app (yesterday) and today I noticed my battery has gone back to 100% at 11hours, I quickly uninstalled WAZE and any other app I thought could be causing this, as I am not sure it is the WAZE app doing this.
    I have now uninstalled a few more apps, working with just the bare minimum here, I have done a soft reset multiple times but my battery life remaining is at 11hours for 100%

any suggestions?
    the only fix is factory resetting the phone again, but I don't want to do that

09-12-2014 10:37 AM
    See at the end, it doesn't really matter, how much time is left. Say at 100% charge you get 1day 18 hours, but that's at a normal usage. If you play games, use some apps which drains more battery, then automatically, the estimated time remaining will reduce drastically. Try some of these to save battery
    1. Turn on battery saver mode
    2. Check emails manually
    3. Use a dark theme
    4. Turn off the live tile updates which you are not using
    5. Keep location off(turn on only when you need it). Also keep in mind that your phone won't update unless location is on, so do keep location on while updating your phone
    6. If you don't use 3g, then keep your phone in 2g mode. Go to settings > mobile + sim > highest connection speed > 2g
    7. Lower the brightness & keep automatically adjust on
    8. Lower the lock screen time out
    9. Turn off vibrations, banners of the apps from the notification centre
    10. Keep wifi off, turn on when you need it
    11. Turn off the windows keys vibration
    12. Turn off glance if not required
    13. Disable the keypad sounds, camera sounds if not required
    14. If you are a gamer, using Wi-Fi, not expecting any calls then use flight mode
    15. Turn off the background tasks of apps, if possible
    16. Keep sunlight readability off & battery saver brightness on
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-12-2014 10:47 AM
    You have done factory resets in vain.

That "time left" is just a theoretical number and estimation of battery life. Of course it will be high after a reset because the phone see no usage. When you use the phone the estimated battery life will be less. It's only logical.

Your battery life is the same no matter what that "time left" says. Why do you trust these numbers as facts? It all depends on your usage of the phone.
    xandros9 and cornel14 like this.
    09-13-2014 04:26 AM
    Time remaining is just an estimate made by your phone depending on your past usage so even if it shows 11 hours & if you don't use it much, you'll see that it is updated with more hours. Either way, the time remaining is pointless, just focus on how fast the % drops based on your usage. In case you find it dropping very fast then try out the steps pointed out by psoham777 above.
    09-13-2014 04:40 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my lumia 930 (Brazil model).
    Just last night, I was downloading some apps and games while it recharge.
    When the battery was full I take off the recharger and the remaining battery was only 12h, when before was more than a day.
    Following the recommendations above I'll count in how much time it discharge... If don't work I'll have to reset like the guy up there did and do not download the games and apps I did.

Just to register: the lasts games downloaded was Angry Birds Rio, Subway Surfers, Temple Run 1, Microsoft Mahjong and Plumber.
    The lasts apps was: Aerize Explorer and Graph Touch.
    09-13-2014 11:54 AM
    I've just remember that last night I received an update to Battery Economy too. Maybe this might be a bug of this version.
    09-13-2014 01:32 PM
    11 hours is poor??? Lol. I have an icon and since vzw is being horrible about releasing cyan, I'm using the dp... Without the firmware update, I'm lucky to get 3 hours of usage.
    09-13-2014 08:58 PM
    Ugh, you hard resets were done for nothing at all.

The time remaining is a guess by the phone to predict usage. My 920 when reset gives me 1 day 15 hours or so (the default baseline), but its completely inaccurate for my usage, which is about 16 hours, maybe 24+ if its on when sleeping.
    It becomes more accurate eventually and 11 hours is meh. Do basic power saving stuff, etc.

The initial power estimate is complete garbage for your purpose and ignore it until later on after its actually been used.

Note that power usage will stabilize as the phone's info settles and stuff.
    09-13-2014 10:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my lumia 930 (Brazil model).
    Just last night, I was downloading some apps and games while it recharge.
    When the battery was full I take off the recharger and the remaining battery was only 12h, when before was more than a day.
    Following the recommendations above I'll count in how much time it discharge... If don't work I'll have to reset like the guy up there did and do not download the games and apps I did.

Just to register: the lasts games downloaded was Angry Birds Rio, Subway Surfers, Temple Run 1, Microsoft Mahjong and Plumber.
    The lasts apps was: Aerize Explorer and Graph Touch.
    Read what we say in this thread instead of going the same way as the OP. Otherwise blame yourself for unecessary factory resets that won't change a thing.
    xandros9 and Lucas Carvalho 2 like this.
    09-14-2014 02:36 AM
    AND you guys dont need to uninstall these apps...just dont allow them to run in background!
    09-14-2014 06:36 AM
    Does the 930 have the Battery Saver function like the 1520? If so, make sure no apps are running in the background, unless you need them to. That's probably the most important battery saver.
    sent using tapatalk app
    09-14-2014 06:53 AM
    Does the 930 have the Battery Saver function like the 1520? If so, make sure no apps are running in the background, unless you need them to. That's probably the most important battery saver.
    sent using tapatalk app
    Yes.
    09-14-2014 01:14 PM