Basically, when i'm in a place with little to no light, after my phone goes 'dim' (before fully shutting off the screen), instead of just getting dimmer the entire tint of the screen distorts to a red. My 1520 went to dim perfectly so I can see a clear difference. It really bothers me, as when i'm in my room at night and it's not too bright my phone fades in from a dark red and it looks rather defective, though it's a perfectly good phone otherwise. My friend with an icon had the same issue... does anyone know a fix? or if there's one coming? or is it a hardware issue?
    09-16-2014 09:58 PM
    I can't remember which phone has glance available and which does not. If you have glance on the 930, it sounds like you've got the night setting going on.

Go to settings > glance (it's about 12 items up from the bottom). Swipe to the end of the settings and you'll see Night Mode. Turn it off you don't like colored effect.
    09-16-2014 10:33 PM
    Aww man. There's no glance on the 930. I wonder if "night mode" is automatically enabled.
    09-17-2014 07:42 AM
    I think you're referring to the well known purple tint issue with the Lumia 930. Basically when the screen is on a low brightness setting (usually when in a dark area and the brightness is set to auto) there will be a red/purple haze over the screen. It's definitely software related because it's something that "kicks in" about 5-10 seconds after you unlock the screen. You can see it most clearly on gray surfaces. Lock your phone and then unlock it and pay close attention to the password keypad, about 5-10 seconds after unlocking you should see them pop from gray to purple/reddish. This is not the normal dimming that the screen does when inactive for a short amount of time because it does not go back to gray when touched. MS is aware of the issue and will apparently release a fix with the Denim firmware or possibly sooner.
    Addison likes this.
    09-19-2014 12:47 PM