Cases - any recommendations?

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone is using a case for the 930? If so, do you recommend it?

Will Icon cases fit? Any recommendations?

Post details and pics, thank you.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
TTT! I'm interested in this as well. Are there any clean, slim cases that anyone is using? My preference would be similar to the official Nokia Gel Case that we could get for the 800/900/920.

morgaes

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the CP-637 in orange (I'd post a link but apparently I don't have enough forum posts to do so). It's nice enough. I like the color options and the fact that it has a big circle in the back for the camera and flash which also exposes some of the phone backing. Main cons are that it doesn't snap shut and it gets dirty rather easily so you might wanna go with the black one. And yes, Icon cases will fit since they have the exact same design.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I to have the Nokia CP637 case but mine's black.

It keeps the phone protected & also still allows wireless charging, feels well built to.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the CP-637 in orange (I'd post a link but apparently I don't have enough forum posts to do so). It's nice enough. I like the color options and the fact that it has a big circle in the back for the camera and flash which also exposes some of the phone backing. Main cons are that it doesn't snap shut and it gets dirty rather easily so you might wanna go with the black one. And yes, Icon cases will fit since they have the exact same design.

I to have the Nokia CP637 case but mine's black.

It keeps the phone protected & also still allows wireless charging, feels well built to.

That's the one case I don't like due to the lack of a magnetic closure.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I know I put the 1520 up there as a link but they do 930 too.. But ?2 for a magnet lock case which doubles as a stand....i had to get it....also storage for cards and money...excellent case

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the OtterBox Defender case (Icon) for my 930 should be here next week, need some dust protecting as Perth is just one big Sandpit.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 930 via TapaTalk.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am using the bright green Nokia CP-637 to match my Bright Green Lumia 930. However, after only a few weeks using it, I am about to replace it. It has not withstood the workload of multiple 24- and 32-hour shifts at the hospital. It has gotten really dirty and smudged on corners, sides, etc. It used to look awesome, and I felt it was a very good concept. It just hasn't cut it at my work. The black one wouldn't get as dirty, but it would get so dusty from the latex gloves I use most of the day when handling patients.

Anyway, I am expecting a couple of cases, to see which one I prefer the most. I looked for cases that allowed the gorgeous green backing of my 930 to show through. Clear backs that offered protection were not really that easy to come by. In the end, I ordered the Orzly Green bumper case at the Amazon UK store. Depending on whether I like it or not, I'll be ordering the black bumper with clear back from Pure Gear (the one with the greyish/white bumper has gotten bad reviews).

I wish it were't that hard to get cases for our phones. The clear case that WPCentral featured recently for the HTC One M8 looks amazingly well; I would have loved to get one of those for my phone. That bright green is just too gorgeous to cover up.

Cheers!

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Right now I am using the bright green Nokia CP-637 to match my Bright Green Lumia 930. However, after only a few weeks using it, I am about to replace it. It has not withstood the workload of multiple 24- and 32-hour shifts at the hospital. It has gotten really dirty and smudged on corners, sides, etc. It used to look awesome, and I felt it was a very good concept. It just hasn't cut it at my work. The black one wouldn't get as dirty, but it would get so dusty from the latex gloves I use most of the day when handling patients.

Anyway, I am expecting a couple of cases, to see which one I prefer the most. I looked for cases that allowed the gorgeous green backing of my 930 to show through. Clear backs that offered protection were not really that easy to come by. In the end, I ordered the Orzly Green bumper case at the Amazon UK store. Depending on whether I like it or not, I'll be ordering the black bumper with clear back from Pure Gear (the one with the greyish/white bumper has gotten bad reviews).

I wish it were't that hard to get cases for our phones. The clear case that WPCentral featured recently for the HTC One M8 looks amazingly well; I would have loved to get one of those for my phone. That bright green is just too gorgeous to cover up.

Cheers!

Thanks for this.
Keep me updated as you get your cases.

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered a StilGut leather case. It has all the correct cutouts for the buttons, ports, camera, speakers and microphones. It's available in different colors and styles. I chose the black Nappa "Book Type" case. For about the same price as the Nokia CP-637, you get a slimmer case made of real leather.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I received the Incipio Feather case today from Amazon. It offers decent corner protection. Even though it's slightly raised around the edges, the screen still touches when you turn it over to silence. I wouldn't trust the case in a bad fall, but for day to day protection it seems fine. I love the feel of it, and the fact that it's all one color and texture, very simple and clean. I'm sure it would look great on a black 930. Here are some pictures:
WP_20140923_11_06_35_Pro.jpgWP_20140923_11_06_41_Pro.jpgWP_20140923_11_07_01_Pro.jpg

anon9059916

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Are there any good transparent cases? My GF has a combination of Softcase and Hardcase, it is fantastic (I can't post the link, the name of the case is case-mate tough case clear for sony xperia z1 compact).
On the sides, there is a bumper, and in the back is a glossy clear plastic.
Is there something like this for the Lumia Icon/930?

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99