Cases - any recommendations?

collinsgar

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
As someone else mentioned I'd recommend the Nillkin cases.

The textured back really allows you to grip the phone more than the shiny natural back. They are really well made and have all of the correctly sized holes for sound, camera, flash, buttons etc. The case doesn't cover the top and bottom of the phone, more so the sides and 4 corners.

I've had one drop of the phone since I got it in august, waste height drop on to hard tiled floor. Think it landed on the corner and I dreaded picking it up to see it broke. No damage whatsoever thankfully!

Wireless charging works fine with the cover kept on. Don't really find it bulks up the size of the phone much, still fits comfortably in front or back jeans pockets.

The case came with a screen protecter, doesn't completely fit the screen but I still put it on as I think it might still help the screen from breaking with falls.

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I've bought a cheap one from ebay uk (1.9? + 1.5? postage). It's from Terrapin and I'm really pleased with it: it's really clear, fits well, protects the phone and the cuts for the holes are perfect. In doesn't have a premium feel touch (feels a bit like rubber), but considering the low price, I won't complaint much.

Full name is: Full Transparent TPU Gel / Rubber Case for Nokia Lumia 930. Seller is clickjunkie (there are other selling the same case, but he's the cheapest one).

Now, what I really wanted was a good + cheap screen protector. But since the 930 is curved, a cheap one won't do it. Zagg's protection costs 15€ (you have to seach for Lumia Ico), but that's just too much...

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've bought a cheap one from ebay uk (1.9? + 1.5? postage). It's from Terrapin and I'm really pleased with it: it's really clear, fits well, protects the phone and the cuts for the holes are perfect. In doesn't have a premium feel touch (feels a bit like rubber), but considering the low price, I won't complaint much.

Full name is: Full Transparent TPU Gel / Rubber Case for Nokia Lumia 930. Seller is clickjunkie (there are other selling the same case, but he's the cheapest one).

Now, what I really wanted was a good + cheap screen protector. But since the 930 is curved, a cheap one won't do it. Zagg's protection costs 15? (you have to seach for Lumia Ico), but that's just too much...

You think ?15 is too much for a screen protector? I always use Skinomi.

Icon: http://www.skinomi.com/nokialumia929.html

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Are there any good transparent cases? My GF has a combination of Softcase and Hardcase, it is fantastic (I can't post the link, the name of the case is case-mate tough case clear for sony xperia z1 compact).
On the sides, there is a bumper, and in the back is a glossy clear plastic.
Is there something like this for the Lumia Icon/930?

That is precisely what I just got in the mail. After much waiting, the Orzly bumper case got to me from the UK. It has a black bumper around the edge of the phone (closer I could get to the original aluminum look) and a clear plastic back. The plastic came a little scratched, sadly, but I won't complain much since I guess it's gonna happen anyway.

It has all the correct cutouts for microphones, ports, camera with flash and speaker. It has a nice fit, also. You can get it in a green or orange bumper case, as well.

I've also ordered the Puregear, which is more expensive than this one, but it hasn't arrived yet.

the escape club

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the OtterBox Defender case (Icon) for my 930 should be here next week, need some dust protecting as Perth is just one big Sandpit.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 930 via TapaTalk.

How's the Otter going?

I'm in the Northern Goldfields and have just ordered one. I should have it either the end of the week or early next week.

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
How's the Otter going?

I'm in the Northern Goldfields and have just ordered one. I should have it either the end of the week or early next week.

Love it, will be doing a review of it on my site this week, I use the belt clip every day even around the house 🏠, the only thing I've found is dragging down 👇 the notification bar takes a bit more pressure but this is a learning curve. Other than that just feels great in hand, feel more secure giving my 930 to my kids when they talk to my mum.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Got a nice textured bumper style case that i'm keeping - made by 'peapod'

?5 from a UK seller. Nice textured material that help with grip. Not sure how well it would do if my 930 fell flat on the glass though as it doesn't seem to quite have a large enough lip to cover all the way round the glass edges [as we know the 930's glass isn't exactly flat in the frame!!]

Adds no bulk hence why i went for it. Went for the grey version, which has a nice textured colour to it. Would have gone for the green to match my back but read another review saying it wasn't a close match colour wise.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I buy a lot of cases for my phones, but this one I have for my Icon right now is my favorite!

Amzer Pudding TPU Case for Nokia Lumia Icon - Windows Phone Skin Cases - Windows Central Shop

Its super cheap, feels awesome, nice and snug, protects from drops, a lip on the front protects the screen, and again its very very minimal!

The fact that it is so cheap (and goes on sale here quite often) is worth at least a try!

And the Icon and 930 are IDENTICAL in size. This WILL fit your phone!

Michael Brennt

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
still nothing as good as cp-600

im going to switch 920 to 930 but im really worried about the case... i need it to be good quality, leather and to protect phone all around

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Try the cases Frosted Shield from Nillkin. Not leather but Great quality at a decent price. I think though, they have leather ones also for 930..might wanna check it out.

Michael Brennt

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It looks good but I need it to protect my screen. Im used to have phone along with my house and car keys in one pocket so case like 920's cp-600 is maybe not more comfortable than nillkin but safety-first-and-still-useful optimal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes