Smashed screen

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I managed to smash the touch panel glass on my 3 day old 930 yesterday. I'm located in Australia, does anyone have a suggestion on where to get it fixed? I want it done properly but I'd rather not send it away if I could. Thanks

BjornDoD

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Is it only the glass or is the LCD panel underneath broken too? There seem to be a 200 dollar difference in the spare part. But either way, I think it's worth trying to do it yourself equipped with a nice youtube video guide.

The reason is that it doesn't seem to be a lot of competition on the "fixing nokia phones market" in contrary to say iPhones. So the prices are absurdly high.

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah just the glass, display and touch work fine. I've had a few quotes between $200-$300. Do you know where I can buy the glass from? I've bought some cheap Chinese ripoff before for my 820 and it just didn't fit right. I want to get genuine Nokia parts this time

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
For the 920 the problem is that the glass is glued to the touch sensor (which might be glued to the LCD). So it isn't possible to just change the glass. At least of you want an 100% solution. I saw some YouTube videos about separating the glass using heat... Nothing _I_ would try at home...

So, if the glass is broken, a repair shop has to exchange the glass and the touch sensor. Official shops always exchange the full package, including the LCD.

This could be the case for the 930 as well.

My next phone will either have a separate changeable glass or insurance... Broke my 920 screen twice...

RobC46

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I should have got insurance. It's pretty much covered for any breakage other than the screen. I'll look into how it's put together and see how easily I can repair it myself, otherwise Nokia said it would be around AU$200 which isn't too bad I suppose

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99