Official 8.1.1 Update - fix display issue?

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm who
  • had the screen brighness uniformity issue
  • has updated to the latest firmware
  • has updated the display app to it's latest version

... no brightness uniformity issues?

I've updated to the latest firmware and the purple tint has greatly improved, but have not updated the display app as that made the brightness uniformity WORSE in the past.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Can someone confirm who
  • had the screen brighness uniformity issue
  • has updated to the latest firmware
  • has updated the display app to it's latest version

... no brightness uniformity issues?

I've updated to the latest firmware and the purple tint has greatly improved, but have not updated the display app as that made the brightness uniformity WORSE in the past.

I had purple tint and light bleed (when using latest display app).

Now I have the latest FW and the latest display app (new firmware installs it automaticaly). And I haven't got any purple hue nor light bleed. Now blacks are black (in full dark room with highest brigtness possible). So I am considering the issue fixed.

Sosinondodrore

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's improved, but not GONE. If I have the lowest brightness possible and have Spotify or a gray background open, and then lock and unlock the device I see that after maybe 1-2 seconds the perfect grey color gets a noticeably purple hue.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So I don't have the DP installed. I still haven't gotten the update/firmware discussed. Now I see there is ANOTHER update available if you enable the DP. I'm wondering if I should just enable the DP to get this latest update released today, and then disable it, or wait for the official 8.1.1. Confusing ;)

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Is it simply a matter of unticking the box in the developer preview app to receive this update if I had already been on 8.1.1? I unticked it a couple days ago and haven't received the update yet. Anxiously waiting for the purple tint issues to be gone.

ukman152

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've just updated to the 8.1.1 official update and I'm noticing that when I scroll on the settings screen with the black background and white writing the text seems to change colour or go dull until I stop scrolling then it will go white again, I had this when I very first got the phone but an update to the Display app (it came up in the Store app updating list) fixed it but now it seems to be back with this update, anyone having this issue?

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys, if you want the purple issue gone install only the last update, not the last DP update.
In case you updated already with DP you'll have to make new installation with Nokia Software Updater

Mr Philo

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the latest DP and there is no purple-ish effect in the settings?

Just a tiny, but that was already on the official update.

FYI, I had installed the official update by unticking DP and installed the DP today by re-ticking the DP.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest DP and there is no purple-ish effect in the settings?

Just a tiny, but that was already on the official update.

FYI, I had installed the official update by unticking DP and installed the DP today by re-ticking the DP.

I'm assuming you had the purple issue before, right?

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
Nothing really changed for me too, even after the latest update yesterday. It's still there. Waiting for the official 8.1.1 that was released on the 22th. Let's hope it willbe available soon!
Sent from Lumia 930.

user4545

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's the 14353.31002 firmware that fixes the problem, not the 8.10.14157.200 or 8.10.14176.243 OS version. And by fixing i'd say it's definitely better but there's still some purple left in grey areas.

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
It's exactly as user4545 says...exactly! I reset the phone using NRT, and I got the latest update, where the purple tint is 80-90% gone. I did get the update while being on DP's latest update (by unchecking the box in DP app, and simply checking for updates), but there was no change, so that's why I did the revert. And everything is fine now.

Sent from Lumia 930

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It's the 14353.31002 firmware that fixes the problem, not the 8.10.14157.200 or 8.10.14176.243 OS version. And by fixing i'd say it's definitely better but there's still some purple left in grey areas.

And the ones that already have 31004 what can they do?

Kavinton75

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, it's wierd and annoying.
I expect a little bit higher quality from the kind of phone.

I also notice some kind of latency problem with the 930 screen in a dark room.
I compared with my Lumia 1020 and recorded.
Both phone is on automatic brightness.

I can't post links, so in Youtube searc for that: Lumia 930 vs Lumia 1020 screen (if you interested).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos