Official 8.1.1 Update - fix display issue?

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've only just stated installing the update so I haven't been able to see for myself, but for those of you who have updated, have you noticed any change in the purple tinting?

Indranuj Kar

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've only just stated installing the update so I haven't been able to see for myself, but for those of you who have updated, have you noticed any change in the purple tinting?

I have lumia 920 8.10.14157.200 cyan update signed afor preview for developers. But I am facing battery drain and heating issue. Tried soft reset...still not working. Any suggestions?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, after today's update, the purple problem it's gone. It's not because Update 1, but because the Firmware update that come along with it.

:)

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My mistake or MS removes "Windows Phone" grey screen from 930 with this update? Before that I always get a blue Windows logo + a grey Windows Phone logo.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Open the preview for developers app, untick the checkbox and then check for updates again. The update includes updated firmware for the 930 as well as the official 8.1.1 update.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My mistake or MS removes "Windows Phone" grey screen from 930 with this update? Before that I always get a blue Windows logo + a grey Windows Phone logo.

Same on mine (Lumia 930, UK). When starting up I now get the "Nokia" logo, as before, followed by the blue Windows logo, a black screen, and then the blue Windows logo again. It looks like "Windows Phone" as a brand is definitely on the way out.

ole75

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Got the update last night. Purple tint has improved, but it's not "gone"
Also feels like it doesn't get as hot as it did before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6