Have you updated to 8.1.1 on your Lumia 930?

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
What's PFD and how do I disable it?

Preview for Developers. Just open the app (if you have it), uncheck the box, apply the changes, and then you're all done; the preview for developers program will be disabled

Most people have to use the NSRT (Nokia Software Recovery Tool) to downgrade/restore and then run any applicable updates

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am from Pakistan. My region is set to United States. My phone is 930 Orange unlocked.
OS Version: 8.10.12397.895
Firmware Version Number: 02061.00066.14252.51003

I have tried checking for updates and there is no update available. It currently is "up to date" as stated by checking. I hope the updates, whenever available, should solve the heating and battery draining issue :-/

Hello,

I bought NOKIA Lumia 930 from UAE Axiom, the new update 8.1.1 is not available for me for the region "United Arab Emirates" or even if I changed my region to United Kingdom!

So what about you? have you updated? If so, what's your region and variant? If not so, also please post your region and variant?

Having your region set to another region will not get you updates when updates are released for the region your phone is set to. For instance if you bought your phone in Italy and have your phone set to Romania, updates roll out for Romania you won't get it however when updates roll out for Italy then you will get updates.

To check what your phone is set / locked to go to about windows phone under settings and look under "Carrier".

The only way round it is to flash a CV rom (for the country you want via NaviFirm) that is Compatible with your phone, for the US there are generally no generic firmware due to the carrier exclusivity agreements. You may be able to get around that using a compatible Canadian Rom, but that is risky as you might damage the LTE / 3g radios in the process.

andrew_dotdot

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
That's my first impression, too. However, the tint issue was causing me so much consternation that I fear I may well be imagining an improvement based on pure wishful thinking. We shall see...

FW version is 02061.00066.14353.31002

Last edited:

andrew_dotdot

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Sweden-bought 930, with PFD enabled -- and I got the update today. That is, I didn't need to disable PFD, nor did I need to downgrade or anything like that.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 930 yesterday via PfD. OS version is 8.10.14176.243
FW version is 02061.00066.14252.51001
Purple tint is still here when brightness is set to automatic... :(

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Having your region set to another region will not get you updates when updates are released for the region your phone is set to. For instance if you bought your phone in Italy and have your phone set to Romania, updates roll out for Romania you won't get it however when updates roll out for Italy then you will get updates.

To check what your phone is set / locked to go to about windows phone under settings and look under "Carrier".

The only way round it is to flash a CV rom (for the country you want via NaviFirm) that is Compatible with your phone, for the US there are generally no generic firmware due to the carrier exclusivity agreements. You may be able to get around that using a compatible Canadian Rom, but that is risky as you might damage the LTE / 3g radios in the process.

Right and I got the point! I bought mine from UAE, so let me wait until MS UAE release the update!

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 930 yesterday via PfD. OS version is 8.10.14176.243
FW version is 02061.00066.14252.51001
Purple tint is still here when brightness is set to automatic... :(

which means you had update which is released for PfD users. Try disabling the PfD and then check for any updates.

PS: Purple hue issue solved only on the exclusive 930 firmware update released two days back and definitely not on the update for PfD users!

petrosk73

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I decided to go ahead and flash a GB rom to get the update. After the update, I can confirm that the phone is noticeably cooler. I can not comment on the Purple hue issue as I never had it.

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I decided to go ahead and flash a GB rom to get the update. After the update, I can confirm that the phone is noticeably cooler. I can not comment on the Purple hue issue as I never had it.

Are you sure? Are you going to flash your phone? Flashing a phone to get the update, makes sense?

petrosk73

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure? Are you going to flash your phone? Flashing a phone to get the update, makes sense?

It depends on each person. For me it does, as there will always be delays in getting updates if I had stayed on the same rom and as I always use English as my phone language I don't see why not.

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vodafone UK. I've got the update and have been running it for a couple of days. Seems to be good so far.

Regards

Infinidim

Yep, seems ok for me - but not much has changed except Cortana. Though I'm not a big virtual assistant user so that's a minor change for me.

Overall if feels a bit faster than before, which is impressive considering it was already lightening fast.

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It depends on each person. For me it does, as there will always be delays in getting updates if I had stayed on the same rom and as I always use English as my phone language I don't see why not.

Yep! It depends on you! Let us know the result of the flashing process?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss