Have you updated to 8.1.1 on your Lumia 930?

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I feel very happy and i am enjoying alot working with the phone.The only problem that i have with Lumia 930 is that i dont receive messages on Viber when the phone is locked.I must unlock the phone, open viber and after that i receive the messages.If anyone here can help me how to fix this, i would really appreciate!

Thanks

You may be turned off the background agent on the Viber application. To turn it on, go to the app list and open Battery Saver and tap Viber and enable it to be run in the background!

Boogaz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
You may be turned off the background agent on the Viber application. To turn it on, go to the app list and open Battery Saver and tap Viber and enable it to be run in the background!

It is already enabled. What I have tried is that I have played a little bit with push notification settings turn them off and on.I have also uninstalled the viber and installed it again.Recativated it, tried soft reboot hard reboot but the issue is still there.I also have found one post from Viber Team where they say that they are working with Microsoft to fix this known issue.But still there are people there that have found the solution to this problem.I just can't find the right topic on the internet where people have shared their way how to fix this problem.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
hmm, i dont have the same firmware number as boogaz has, its actually lower(i have 02061.00066.14252.510001). thats weird. i am pretty certain mine is not a carrier phone, i bought it in crete(greece) from cosmote , and the phone was unlocked and no logo anywhere.

i guess id have to wait for it come to my version..which is MV DTAG AT GR NL PL RO SK

jc84

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on o2 in the UK and still have not received the update.
Every time I check it just says I'm up to date (firmware 14252).
Can anyone else on o2 in the UK confirm if they have received the update yet?

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on o2 in the UK and still have not received the update.
Every time I check it just says I'm up to date (firmware 14252).
Can anyone else on o2 in the UK confirm if they have received the update yet?

Problem is your phone is O2 Branded. And there is depence of operator. One way is debrand by reflashing unbrand firmware. Search in xda-developers.com

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
hmm, i dont have the same firmware number as boogaz has, its actually lower(i have 02061.00066.14252.510001). thats weird. i am pretty certain mine is not a carrier phone, i bought it in crete(greece) from cosmote , and the phone was unlocked and no logo anywhere.

i guess id have to wait for it come to my version..which is MV DTAG AT GR NL PL RO SK

I think the update 8.1.1 is now available for the Greece. Follow up this post, ask them there about more details...

Post link:http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/313421-8-1-1-update-availability-lumia-930-a.html

davidz0n

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That's because 8.1.1 doesn't go as dim as the previous firmware, at least in my 930.

Same issue here. This is a massive disappointment. I do a lot of nighttime reading, and after the update the brightness is way to high for comfortable reading. Hope they will fix this issue asap!

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com

My friend, I also have a greek device, cv not from a carrier, and I have the latest os and firmware since the second day the update came out! Maybe it has to do with carrier. I bought mine from Nokia, for that reason exactly. Keep checking your device for new os, it will come up eventually.

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. This is a massive disappointment. I do a lot of nighttime reading, and after the update the brightness is way to high for comfortable reading. Hope they will fix this issue asap!

I also do a lot of nightime reading, but I don't think they will. Many more people are vocal about purple tint than low brightness level. Even review sites only care about sunlight readability.

I've had my share of smartphones / tablets and on several of them software updates increased the lowest level of brightness. I clearly remember that happening with HTC One M7 (which led me to selling it). And even Ipad Air, which had a great low level, increased a little bit with iOS 8.

Following fdokos advice, I reverted to previous software version and I'm not thinking of updating. Low brightness is indeed low, though purple tint is more noticeable than with latest software.

davidz0n

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I also do a lot of nightime reading, but I don't think they will. Many more people are vocal about purple tint than low brightness level. Even review sites only care about sunlight readability.

I've had my share of smartphones / tablets and on several of them software updates increased the lowest level of brightness. I clearly remember that happening with HTC One M7 (which led me to selling it). And even Ipad Air, which had a great low level, increased a little bit with iOS 8.

Following fdokos advice, I reverted to previous software version and I'm not thinking of updating. Low brightness is indeed low, though purple tint is more noticeable than with latest software.

Got the new display update popping up today - version 3.1.3.3. After entering the "Brightness" setting, i could adjust the bar furter down. And it were at the lowest setting before the update, so maybe they adjusted something. I am crossing my fingers, and will test it tonight.

ezapp

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Updated to 8.1.1 the day before yesterday, and the biggest improvement is the phone becomes cooler and has better battery life. Now my phone can last from 7AM to 8PM with moderate 3G use. It still gets really hot while on games though.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I have noticed (and it is a good thing) is that before the update I got sometimes massive battery drain as well as the phone getting really hot. Now I don't have this issue at all which is one great benefit I got from update 1.

Regards

Infinidim

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
You are all lucky. I'm still waiting for it and I don't understand why is MS keeps delaying the release in my country! Did MS forget to release?

From U.A.E.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 930 today. Switched it on and installed the update.
Been on it for hours setting it up and it's only ever got a little warm, no purple hue to the screen and cost a lot less than when it first came out.
Glad I waited, this thing is awesome!

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Just got my 930 today. Switched it on and installed the update.
Been on it for hours setting it up and it's only ever got a little warm, no purple hue to the screen and cost a lot less than when it first came out.
Glad I waited, this thing is awesome!

Where are you from and where you got your L930?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb