My first impression with Nokia Lumia 930. I have a history of iPhone 4S and previous Nokia Symbians.
    My 930 arrived this Monday from USPS. First impression was tremendous. I finally have the phone I have dreamed of and it was the color of my choice i.e Bright Orange.

So, upon running it first, I notice nothing unusual. Everything was smooth and it was a really great experience. Camera experience was a bit like, not what I was expecting. I wasn't impressed from the camera's result set on auto. It could have been better but the extra controls in Nokia Camera and Windows Phone camera finishes the story. They are just an answer to the question. So, I began downloading a lot of things.

Second day before breakfast, I checked the battery status and put the phone into sleep. There was none apps running in background. When I came after 20-30 minutes, the phone was super hot. The battery was around 40% dropped from 65% in just 35 minutes. I tried checking what was running in background that drained the battery, but when swiping lock screen, the phone was like stuck in resume mode. It took around 20 seconds to even reach the start menu. Then, the start menu was unresponsive. I clicked on settings and the phone stopped working. I tried swiping up and down but the touch was unresponsive. Then I had to restart the phone in order to make it work. It then began cooling down a bit after the restart. Not sure what was that but that was real annoying. Then it happened again two days later and again today. Is this problem somehow connected to 'battery saver'? I have a feeling it might be the cause. Is anyone even going through this problem?

Secondly, is there any guide to take photos and record videos from the camera apps? I would like to go through to take better pictures and to have total control over my camera. Is RAW image-capturing any good?

Thirdly, my Office app is showing some other language in sample documents, presentations etc. I'll post the photo of that language. Any idea how to change that language into English?

Now, it's about a game called as GT Racing 2. I'll post a photo about it showing some weird graphics. Is it in the game or it's just my device and what is even written? Any solution?

I'll appreciate your response.
    Thank you,
    09-25-2014 02:39 PM
    The GT Racing 2 is a program problem, not the phone. I have the same problem on my 1520. I suspect is it something to do with the 1080p resolution....
    I have contacted Gameloft numerous times about this, but stupid responses from them about resetting my phone or reinstalling the game, just made me uninstall the game.

Love the game, but as a seasoned phone user and developer, I can do without the patronising beginner 'tips'. It's clear they don't know what the problem is, or even if they can fix it. There has been one update for the game since I contacted them, but it did not fix the garbled text...
    09-25-2014 02:43 PM
    Raw is an uncompressed format. Literally the raw sensor data. It gives you more leverage and abilty with edits. And when you edit, for example I lightroom, the edits are notes added to the file and the original is always still there untouched. Also it doesn't degrade over the years with multiple copy's (think years of backing up and moving the image) like jpgs do.
    09-25-2014 02:47 PM
    Thirdly, my Office app is showing some other language in sample documents, presentations etc. I'll post the photo of that language. Any idea how to change that language into English?
    I'll appreciate your response.
    Thank you,
    "Lorem ipsum is a pseudo-Latin text used in web design, typography, layout, and printing in place of English to emphasise design elements over content. It's also called placeholder (or filler) text. It's a convenient tool for mock-ups. It helps to outline the visual elements of a document or presentation, eg typography, font, or layout. Lorem ipsum is mostly a part of a Latin text by the classical author and philosopher Cicero"
    Hope this helps 😊
    09-25-2014 03:08 PM
    Please enjoy my camera test and see which is better LUMIA 930 or iPhone 6 Lumia 930 vs IPhone 6 – Camera test | Window into Microsoft
    09-26-2014 06:05 AM
    Thank you for the response everyone. However, I have another question. I know the screen of 930 is scratch resistant therefore I haven't used any sort of screen protector for the screen and same goes for the back. No back cover. I might put a screen protector soon but about the camera lens' glass over the back's surface. Is it scratch resistant too?
    09-26-2014 12:06 PM