Lumia 930 stuttering?

ShadowDK

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So the other people with stutter in this thread also have defective devices? I'd love to be able to swap my phone for another 930, but I have a hard time believing it will change anything :(

Perhaps I should try out the phone in a store and see if it is stutter-free.

ShadowDK

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I also noticed in your video you scroll extremely fast, when I do the same I do not see any lag or stutter either. It happens when I flick and let it scroll at a rather slow speed. Could you perhaps try test that? :) Thanks :)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So the other people with stutter in this thread also have defective devices? I'd love to be able to swap my phone for another 930, but I have a hard time believing it will change anything :(

Yes, all of them. Like I say, not only Lumia 930, if you have ANY other Lumia with constantly stuttering, you have problems. I don't know what problem exacly, but this is not normal. Not normal AT ALL.

Maybe a hard reset can solve it, but there's a lot of thing to try before. Cortana thing, Live Lock screen, maybe others apps on Lock Screen or pinned on Start Screen, etc. I don't think it's a hardware issue anyway. Probably software.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a Band do you? Reason I ask is that my 920 was very slightly stuttering in game yesterday and I've only seen that since the Band connects constantly.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Yes, all of them. Like I say, not only Lumia 930, if you have ANY other Lumia with constantly stuttering, you have problems. I don't know what problem exacly, but this is not normal. Not normal AT ALL.

Maybe a hard reset can solve it, but there's a lot of thing to try before. Cortana thing, Live Lock screen, maybe others apps on Lock Screen or pinned on Start Screen, etc. I don't think it's a hardware issue anyway. Probably software.

About scrolling slow, the same for fast. There's no stuttering. But when you scrolling slow in any OLED device, you have a thing we call dynamic resolution. Which is worse than the bests LCD displays. Some people can have a impression it's stuttering or something. It's not.

ShadowDK

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

About scrolling slow, the same for fast. There's no stuttering. But when you scrolling slow in any OLED device, you have a thing we call dynamic resolution. Which is worse than the bests LCD displays. Some people can have a impression it's stuttering or something. It's not.

Any chance you could post a video showing it doesn't stutter at slow speeds? :)

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would be shocked to see a video of the Facebook app not stuttering at a slow speed. I have 4 Windows phones and most of the third party API apps stutter. This includes Facebook and even the Microsoft third party API apps. The only apps I have that are completely smooth with a fast refresh rate is Tweetium and maybe Weave. WPCentral's app is not smooth either. You can't see it when you scroll so fast. I've often said that it's like a dirty little secret that third party WP apps are not as smooth as the first party system apps. Go check out a third party iOS app. 9 times out of 10 it will be completely smooth.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I would be shocked to see a video of the Facebook app not stuttering at a slow speed. I have 4 Windows phones and most of the third party API apps stutter. This includes Facebook and even the Microsoft third party API apps. The only apps I have that are completely smooth with a fast refresh rate is Tweetium and maybe Weave. WPCentral's app is not smooth either. You can't see it when you scroll so fast. I've often said that it's like a dirty little secret that third party WP apps are not as smooth as the first party system apps. Go check out a third party iOS app. 9 times out of 10 it will be completely smooth.

LOL

I just give you guys a prove that EVERY app on Windows Phone is smoother. It's more smoother than any other mobile system. If it don't stutter on INCREDIBLE high scrolling (like my video proves), WHY IN THE HELL WILL STUTTERING ON LOW SCROLLING? That's makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

As soon as I can I will made a video (again...............) to shut these non senses off. WPCentral is a amazing place, but it's incredible the level of non sense we read here.

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
WPCentral is a amazing place, but it's incredible the level of non sense we read here.

<cynical>Congratulations! You (alone) have the perfect smartphone and know how to use it. All others are just ignoramus, who don't even know how to correctly use theirs. All these jerky&flickering problems are only in their mind, they don't know what they say. How can they imagine these scrolling problems? They have so much imagination!</cynical>

:wink:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
<cynical>Congratulations! You (alone) have the perfect smartphone and know how to use it. All others are just ignoramus, who don't even know how to correctly use theirs. All these jerky&flickering problems are only in their mind, they don't know what they say. How can they imagine these scrolling problems? They have so much imagination!</cynical>

:wink:

OMG..

These are example of what flickering is.....

I have a question for all of you. Is this the first time you have a OLED based display? Because I have almost 100% sure you guys are just making a huge confusion.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The simple fact is that the core Windows phone operating system is the smoothest out there but third party apps simply are not. There is just no way of getting around it. I've asked developers why and most times they will say it's about the APIs. Occasionally you will get an extremely well written app but most times you won't.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The simple fact is that the core Windows phone operating system is the smoothest out there but third party apps simply are not. There is just no way of getting around it. I've asked developers why and most times they will say it's about the APIs. Occasionally you will get an extremely well written app but most times you won't.

Just say a app and I will prove there's no such a thing and makes absolutely no sense what you saying.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's no need. All four of my Nokia's have micro stutters and graphics on most third party apps. If you can scroll through Facebook and XBOX Music and say that they don't stutter at all you just must be a ******. It's either an API issue or poor optimzation.

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
There's no need. All four of my Nokia's have micro stutters and graphics on most third party apps. If you can scroll through Facebook and XBOX Music and say that they don't stutter at all you just must be a ******. It's either an API issue or poor optimzation.

I completely agree with you. I think we must ignore what this guy says and stop this discussion. Either he lives in another planet, or... I don't know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb