I allways wanted to come back to WP8, i had a lumia 925 but my battery drained to quickly, i want my phone to stay charged 1 day, not 2 or 3 just 1, but in that day i want to surf 2 hours with mobile data on, 1 with wifi and a lot of calls and messages, i have now a Lg G3 with 16gb/2gm ram and i get bored, should i change with a lumi 930 ? i read a lot of bugs about the display and the purple tint, the headphone jack is missplaced, and i really want a sincerly advice, thank you !
    09-29-2014 08:15 AM
    Personally, I wouldn't touch a L930. That's just my opinion and the reason why I haven't upgraded to it. It has nothing in the way of an upgrade for me and I'm coming from an L920.

I don't get this 'boredom' thing that people go on about with regards to phones and interfaces. WP is probably the dullest interface going but people seem excited by it. I don't quite get it.

To me, I'm on the borderline to switching to Android because WP is still missing too many apps for my liking and with them constantly twiddling with the OS it looks to be another year or two until things settle down.

If you're keen on WP wait until spring next year when something half decent comes out.
    dov1978 and Premium1 like this.
    09-29-2014 08:22 AM
    If battery is your concern get the OnePlus One, it will easily last a day or two without any issues.
    09-29-2014 08:33 AM
    If battery is your concern get the OnePlus One, it will easily last a day or two without any issues.
    Actually the new Sony Z3 is looking very nice.
    09-29-2014 08:39 AM
    Actually the new Sony Z3 is looking very nice.
    Agreed but however light it is I still don't like a skin on the pure Android experience. The OPO uses CM 11s which is very stock.... Just my 2c.
    dov1978 likes this.
    09-29-2014 08:44 AM
    Personally, I wouldn't touch a L930. That's just my opinion and the reason why I haven't upgraded to it. It has nothing in the way of an upgrade for me and I'm coming from an L920.

I don't get this 'boredom' thing that people go on about with regards to phones and interfaces. WP is probably the dullest interface going but people seem excited by it. I don't quite get it.

To me, I'm on the borderline to switching to Android because WP is still missing too many apps for my liking and with them constantly twiddling with the OS it looks to be another year or two until things settle down.

If you're keen on WP wait until spring next year when something half decent comes out.

I do get the boredom thing with phones etc. I change my phone every 3 months on average as I like a change. I switch between WP, Android iPhone as I like aspects of them all. For me I THINK I keep coming back to Lumia's in particular because I love the look of them, great cameras, I like having something a little different and maybe because I'm rooting for WP to succeed after getting behind it right from the early days. I do get seriously frustrated by missing apps or when Facebook apps etc don't have many features already on Android and iOS versions but every time I come back the platform has advanced a little more than before.

Wouldn't touch the 930 either as it's a step backwards for a flagship. Love Glance and the sd card so that's a killer on the 930
    09-29-2014 09:00 AM
    the OnePlus One offer the same screen size but is much bigger i don`t want a tablet in my pocket, i really liked the WP8 on my last Lumia 925 but still a few apps that I use were missing but that was last year i hope the wp store have growned by now, but i wonder all the lumia 930 have that problem with the display with purple tint ? and the automatic brightness does that ?
    09-29-2014 09:04 AM
    Wouldn't touch the 930 either as it's a step backwards for a flagship. Love Glance and the sd card so that's a killer on the 930
    I get the feeling we simply won't see Glance anymore. The lack of SD card isn't an issue for me however the poor battery life and the issues with overheating, screens and so on is what does it for me along with the older hardware. Yes on the whole it's not bad but I already have a phone with a crap battery, I don't need another.

I'm curious to see what the next update brings so I'm sticking around until then. However, I'm a little over the lack of 'full' apps by the vendors. The 3rd party thing is a little disappointing. Something needs to change.
    09-29-2014 09:06 AM
    the OnePlus One offer the same screen size but is much bigger i don`t want a tablet in my pocket, i really liked the WP8 on my last Lumia 925 but still a few apps that I use were missing but that was last year i hope the wp store have growned by now, but i wonder all the lumia 930 have that problem with the display with purple tint ? and the automatic brightness does that ?
    Not sure if all them have it but lots of people have complained about it. It's like the L920. Some people have a perfect experience, some have a horrible one.

If you want a decent but cheaper phone get the L830 until the next flagship shows up. The apps store is better but still missing some mainstream apps. We just got Flipboard, finally.
    09-29-2014 09:08 AM
    what is wrong with the 1520? you don't like it?
    09-29-2014 09:14 AM
    what is wrong with the 1520? you don't like it?
    I'm guessing it's size since they have an issue with the 1+1.
    09-29-2014 09:17 AM
    the size of the lumia 1520 is bothering me....so the conclusion should i make the exchange ?
    09-29-2014 12:31 PM
    the size of the lumia 1520 is bothering me....so the conclusion should i make the exchange ?
    I would. In the end when you consider switching platforms/phones you'll always be unsure until you grit your teeth and say "right, let's go for it." I agonised about whether the 930 would make me happy (coming from Android and all the flagships) but in the end I'm really very pleased and I enjoy every day with my phone. Also, I had serious battery concerns too, but mine is really great, I can get a day and a half from it.
    09-29-2014 06:05 PM
    Yeah, do it. I definitely would.
    09-29-2014 06:12 PM
    so I didn`t do the exchange, i saw a lot of reviews and what bothers me a lot that deformation of a face for example when the face is not in the middle of the screen...thank you for all great advices, i will buy a WP phone when will be WP9 :)
    09-30-2014 10:00 PM
    so I didn`t do the exchange, i saw a lot of reviews and what bothers me a lot that deformation of a face for example when the face is not in the middle of the screen...thank you for all great advices, i will buy a WP phone when will be WP9 :)
    Windows 10. :)

I'm just waiting for a half decent flagship. Might be a while.
    10-01-2014 05:44 AM
    i did not have that problem on the screen... i came from a 925 too and... the 930 is much better in all regards. maybe the only think where the 925 wins is the look!!! and yes the glance screen. apart that 930 all the way. it's a great machine and it's getting all the features from the coming gdr2(denim). go for it!!
    10-01-2014 06:06 AM
    i play a little with lumia 930, the OS is nice fast but i can`t leave my awesome lg g3, the design of lumia 930 does not have any chance to beat a g3....the lumia don`t have any extra features
    10-01-2014 09:00 AM