Lumia 930 Green tint after last (8.1.1) official firmware update

GStr

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
After the update to 8.1.1 (official), I have beautiful... GREEN tint.

Initially my phone had a purple tint. To have grays gray I had to set to maximum green in the display settings. Then, due to other issues, my screen was replaced with a new one. Without any problem. No purple tint, no need to change display settings, neutral were just fine.

But since last update things gone wrong. Everything is green, when neutral. I have to shift to purple to have grays gray again. I suspect that update released by Nokia uses IMEI or other kind of hardware number to determine screen colour calibration. And my phone fits into "needs more green" series without knowing that my screen was already replaced to a new one, which doesn't need it...

Already contacted Nokia Care, however no solution found. Yet...

Or maybe you all are wrong? Maybe you all have the same problem as I do? No purple. But green...

Norman Wong1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I also have this problem!!
Today I have updated my lumia 930 and the display shift to slightly green.
Even I adjust the color to purple, it still looks weird.
I think is the problem of the update as My screen work normally before the upate

stephanv_uk

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Likewise on my 2 week old 930, but I managed to get a happy medium by sliding display > colour profile > tint slightly towards purple. But I'm seeing vertical banding on a dark grey background.

I'm thinking there's always going to be some variation in display characteristics. Frankly I've never been 100% happy with any display - even my ??? Panasonic plasma had uniformity issues on a white screen from day one (which reviewers didn't bother to notice!). Life gets tough once this kind of thing starts bothering you :D

amk0

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine if finally showing grays. I had the purple issue, I had no grays at all.. specially with low brightness everything looked purple.

After the update all colors look finally like they should. Slider is now on neutral.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro