Lumia 930 camera not a pure view?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am finding this HARD to believe tha Lumia 930 doesn't have a pure view camera, while it's cheap counter part 830 does have a pure view camera. Does this mean that if we leave megapixel and sensor size aside, 830 will deliver better quality pictures?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This link.

Although I am not sure, how much authentic it is, but it states, "The flagship product from Nokia this year. The first and most surprising aspect of the Lumia 930 is that it doesn’t have the Pureview camera from the Lumia 1020 and 830. While it is still a 20 MP shooter with a Carl Zeiss lens, Nokia chose not to include this in the Pureview segment"

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
This link.

Although I am not sure, how much authentic it is, but it states, "The flagship product from Nokia this year. The first and most surprising aspect of the Lumia 930 is that it doesn?t have the Pureview camera from the Lumia 1020 and 830. While it is still a 20 MP shooter with a Carl Zeiss lens, Nokia chose not to include this in the Pureview segment"

Its rubbish, 930 has a pureview camera.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Before reading that statement, I myself happened to believe that it does have a pure view camera. But such words in that link can confuse anyone for a while

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that a camera being "pureView" or not is anything but a marketing scheme. If it's a term reserved for Nokia's top quality cameras, then clearly the one in the 1520 and the 930 is a Pureview camera, wouldn't it be?

akin_t

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
My purpose of creating this thread was to find the truth, not deceive others. That article literally deceived me

It's okay. PureView just means, the camera does that oversampling thing. What this means is you can do the whole reframing thing, you can zoom while maintaining an output resolution of 5MP (of course zooming in will mean less oversampling, which will drop the detail a little bit).

It's nifty technology, in fact, the Sony Xperia Z3 camera uses it too.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
This link.

Although I am not sure, how much authentic it is, but it states, "The flagship product from Nokia this year. The first and most surprising aspect of the Lumia 930 is that it doesn’t have the Pureview camera from the Lumia 1020 and 830. While it is still a 20 MP shooter with a Carl Zeiss lens, Nokia chose not to include this in the Pureview segment"

Always believe WPCentral. Stop referring others!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the term "pureview" includes the IOS and the oversampling. Any Lumia with one of those can be called Pureview Lumia :D

Strictly speaking, the "PureView" element in Lumia devices refers to the type of imaging sensor + lens hardware. The 930 has the same 20MP PureView sensor and lens that the 1520 has albeit with some updated firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo