Can I create a contact from a recent text or phone call?

Echalim

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I get a call or a text and I find a new number which I want to update or create a contact with. This function is on every phone I've had for years but I can't seem to make it work on WP8 other than getting a piece of paper and writing down the number then creating a contact or adding to an existing one. Even my old non-smart phone managed this. Am I missing something?
Thanks

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
In the History tab of the Phone app, press the icon to the right (circle with a person in it) of the number you want to save. At the bottom of the next page there is a save icon at the bottom. Press it. The next page will give you a list of current contacts you can add the number to. If you want to make it a new contact, press the plus at the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure in the Messaging app, as I don't have any messages from unassigned numbers. I'm sure it's close to the same process.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The process is a bit wonky - but ill tell you what I did for adding a number -

goto messaging ap
select desired text thread of a person you would like to add to contacts
select the person icon with the three lines next to him (bottom right)
select the save icon at the bottom
from here you can choose to add that number to an existing contact or hit the + sign to add as new
Name the contact and phone type

done :)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
To add a person from a recent phone call do the following.

1. Go to the phone call list.
2. Keep the phone number pressed with your index finder and select details.
3. At he bottom you will find the contact icon. click on it.
4. Then click on the save icon at the bottom of the profile history page.
5. You will then be able to save the phone number to an existing contact or create a new contact.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720