AT&T USA, we're limited to HSPA+ ... What speeds are you getting on Speedtest.net?

akin_t

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for having an endless barrage of questions. I know most of the users here are not from the USA; however for those of you who are, care to share the speeds you're getting on AT&T's HSPA+ network? We're not getting LTE speeds, I just want to know if it's bearable or not.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Varies for me a lot depending on signal strength, area of town, etc., but I got anywhere from 6 ~ 11 mps.
That's using Speedtest.net

Fred

Sorry for having an endless barrage of questions. I know most of the users here are not from the USA; however for those of you who are, care to share the speeds you're getting on AT&T's HSPA+ network? We're not getting LTE speeds, I just want to know if it's bearable or not.

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

AT&T L920 NY
23.38 mbps download
13.07 mbps upload

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming the op wants the speeds for a 930 since it doesn't have LTE.

Here are a few tests I just ran. Thank god for wifi ;)
wp_ss_20141009_0001.jpg

akin_t

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming the op wants the speeds for a 930 since it doesn't have LTE.

Here are a few tests I just ran. Thank god for wifi ;)
View attachment 84048

Wow. Oh man this is a really really tough choice.

I only ever use data for streaming music in the car or surfing the internet (at barbershops and the airport). I know I'll be able to live but wow, this is something else.

I was seriously considering the Moto X 2014 or the Sony Xperia Z3 but anytime I look at the UI ... I just keep pining for the clean look of Windows Phone.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If you "need" LTE or those speeds then maybe look at the Nokia Lumia 830 or 735.

:)
Fred

Wow. Oh man this is a really really tough choice.

I only ever use data for streaming music in the car or surfing the internet (at barbershops and the airport). I know I'll be able to live but wow, this is something else.

I was seriously considering the Moto X 2014 or the Sony Xperia Z3 but anytime I look at the UI ... I just keep pining for the clean look of Windows Phone.

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been on a trip with my Lumia 930 on ATT with HPSA+ all week and have found the speeds to be = to LTE with no drop in service as well as using internet sharing to do my work in buildings everyday. Love this phone!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the speeds aren't close to LTE. For me it was an easy decision because the only time I really use data is when I'm on wifi. I have all my music stored locally, and I'm always driving (as opposed to riding in) my car so having fast data then isn't important. I'm sure if I wasn't on wifi most of the time it would be a different story.

Honestly, if you can make the size work, the 1520 is a fantastic alternative. Same basic specs, but you get that amazing battery (2+ days), memory card, glance screen. It all depends on if you can make it fit into your life ;)

akin_t

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow, so I just checked a Moto X (2014) in the store ... Goodness, the YouTube app on Android has PiP. You can play one video while searching for others!

Ugh I really love Windows Phone for the unified UI and all, but I feel like they should have all this stuff by now :(

I really don't wanna have to do micro management on my phone to keep it running smoothly but Android is so appealing after I saw that Moto X in action. Why won't developers support this platform? I mean what gives? The platform is perfect, it has everything you need! I feel like people just don't want WP to succeed.

Anyway rant over. Thanks for posting your speed results guys. I checked out an Icon in the store today ... As much as I hate verizon I don't think I can live without LTE especially since HSPA+ speed seems to depend on your geography.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers