Screen Ink Leakagep problem!

aaltayeb

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Woke up yesterday to find my Lumia 930 screen looking like there is some ink leakage inside it, at first half the screen was still OK but it started to get worse until now where almost 3% of the screen is still visible, its weird because the last time I've seen something like was on Nokia pre-smartphones, but never on a smartphone. I didn't even know how to search for this, because if you search for Lumia 930 and screen problems results are filled with the hue issue in the 930, and I don't know what is the term used for this ink leakage problem, I know its not ink leakage but that's how it looks like.

Anyway I am here guys to ask about repairing it, is this fixable? how much does this usually cost? how long does these things usually takes? what is the status now for the warranty after Microsoft purchase?, is the old Nokia warranty still in place or do I have to find another way?, I've also bought this from expansys, so will they fix it or complain that I didn't buy it locally?.

Its a lot of questions but I've owned the 920 before and I've never had to go to Nokia for a problem, so I have no idea about it.

I took 3 pictures because its hard to tell whats going on, the first is the phone locked (yellow background), second with notification pulled down, 3rd phone unlocked
View attachment imageCombined_2.jpg

hutchinsane

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
That looks like a broken Amoled screen. My sister's Lumia 820 hat the same problem after she smashed it screen first on the hardwood floor :|

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
There is no fix, the screen must be replaced. Mine was faulty (a different issue) and it took about a week and a half. You can send it to Expansys or you can go to a Nokia Repair Center, if you have one nearby. There was no change with the Microsoft takeover of Nokia (at least here in Portugal).

The only issue you might face is proving that it wasn't your fault, but since the screen's glass doesn't appear to be broken, it won't be hard.. Be sure to explain that this was a gradual thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750