Issues after updating to the Official 8.1.1!

thaufee

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I need to know what are the issue even can be found on the Lumia 930 after updating to the latest official 8.1.1 update. Whenever the new issue posted to this post, I'll edit and add that issue to this post. I hope we'll not get more issues after updating!

Issues:

1. Overheating issues still are there.

Comment below the issue you faced after the UPDATE.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm updated to 8.1.1 as soon as I purchased my 930.
I don't have any noticeable colour issues.
Overheating is an issue, mainly when web browsing for some time. Gaming just seems to make it (understandably) warm.
When it gets hot it seems to be more linked to when it's doing things over the internet, be it WiFi or mobile data.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My 930 gets warm too at minimal usage. While charging I can understand but indeed with web browsing or using WhatsApp the phone can warm up like, well, a hand warmer.

@Rick_Air what do you mean with colour issues? You mean of the screen? Cause I notice that the grey colour is very inconsistent... Sometimes greenish, sometimes purple ish, really weird.

Also the battery can drain a bit fast at minimal usage but I only have it for one week, I noticed if is already a bit better than before.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've read about people with green or purple tints, but I've noticed neither. Sometimes I'll notice a change on the greys on the action centre icons and volume bar but that's about it.

Mine loses about 5% overnight when switched off but so did my 925 for a while when new.

The overheating is my main issue as can't be sure if it's causing any unseen damage. So tend to limit my usage when it gets hot.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That chance on the greys is what I and other people experience too, so you have the same 'problem'. It isn't really of a problem though, but still very weird the screen color changes. You can force it to change the grey color by changing your screen brightness. I think that's when the hue changes every time, when the screen brightness is adjusting.

My battery did better today, it already lasts 21 hours and still have 48% left. But that's on minimal usage. When I post a few blog posts on windows central it goes down a few percent easily. Like now it already is at 46%.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I tend to have about 40-50% left by 7.30pmish when I put it on charge. Always unplug when it's finished and turn it off over night.

srome

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Can't be 100% sure on this occurring after the latest official update, but I don't recall hearing it prior to the update. When I flick the lock screen image up I get a constant hiss from the speaker for around 4 seconds then a click noise after the click the speaker is as it should be.

Its not the loudest hiss and click noise in the world but is there.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett