Nokia 930 Vs Iphone 6...... likes and dislikes

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Lol about the camera.
I read an article on iVerge the other day about how the author was trying to take a snap with his android device (yeah, right lol) and how some dude with an iPhone came along and snapped the perfect shot with great ease while he was still trying to set up his android device to take the shot.

I'd link to it, but they deleted my comment and warned me (because I started my comment with "Bollocks!"), and I'm still a tad sore about it...

jakja83

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol about the camera.
I read an article on iVerge the other day about how the author was trying to take a snap with his android device (yeah, right lol) and how some dude with an iPhone came along and snapped the perfect shot with great ease while he was still trying to set up his android device to take the shot.

I'd link to it, but they deleted my comment and warned me (because I started my comment with "Bollocks!"), and I'm still a tad sore about it...

Well, I am not saying the 930 is bad, but just not as quick as the iP6.

The main problem with the phone is the fact that very few apps are made for WP. Whenever you see someone offering an app there are only Android and iOS versions available.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am not saying the 930 is bad, but just not as quick as the iP6.

The main problem with the phone is the fact that very few apps are made for WP. Whenever you see someone offering an app there are only Android and iOS versions available.
False and false.
There are a ton of apps for WP. Which apps are you referring too which are missing from WP? I just had this conversation with a Verizon rep saying WP had no apps. 350,000+ apps is "no apps?" Of the four he mentioned he was wrong about three.

And just because the end of some commercial only lists iOS and Android doesn't mean WP or Windows doesn't have it. This is a major gripe for me but it's true. An example is The Home Depot. They have an official WP app (yes, it's a web wrapper but it's official and not too shabby at 3.5 star rating) but they only list iOS and Android. I see this a lot and it saddens me that they don't care enough to advertise their own work they've done for the WP platform.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
And just because the end of some commercial only lists iOS and Android doesn't mean WP or Windows doesn't have it. This is a major gripe for me but it's true. An example is The Home Depot. They have an official WP app (yes, it's a web wrapper but it's official and not too shabby at 3.5 star rating) but they only list iOS and Android. I see this a lot and it saddens me that they don't care enough to advertise their own work they've done for the WP platform.

In the last year or two WP has gone from not having apps to having low quality apps. A lot of the major names that were missing are now there, but very poorly developed and very poorly supported. Is it better than not having that apps at all? Probably, but it's still not a good situation, and still leaves WP lacking compared to iOS and Android.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
In the last year or two WP has gone from not having apps to having low quality apps. A lot of the major names that were missing are now there, but very poorly developed and very poorly supported. Is it better than not having that apps at all? Probably, but it's still not a good situation, and still leaves WP lacking compared to iOS and Android.

Was an android user for 5 years. Switched to WP 2 days ago. Only app I've found that is missing is snapchat. All others are there. And if not, there's an alternative that does exactly the same. Which is good enough for me.

stoli67

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I am not wrong about the ones that I mentioned.

Sonos
Ewalet
Amex

also two other banks here in Australia..... no app or very cut down ap

jakja83

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There are more apps now, but many of them feel a bit outdated compared to iOS/Android. There is no way getting around it.

iPhones are a bit boring, look a bit outdated in terms of GUI and cost insane amounts of money - but there is something very polished and whole about the experience that I feel WP isn't offering a the time being.

Android has improved a lot with Lollipop, but I feel one needs to have a GPE unit to have android and like it. Most skins are awful - imho. A nexus 5 with improved screen, battery and camera would rock my world.

jakja83

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
False and false.
There are a ton of apps for WP. Which apps are you referring too which are missing from WP? I just had this conversation with a Verizon rep saying WP had no apps. 350,000+ apps is "no apps?" Of the four he mentioned he was wrong about three.

Well, I have compared them directly, and my 930 has denim. I have no interest in making either look better. I just say what I think.

Apps missing:
Sonos native app - Phonos is a horrible alternative once you've tried the original on iOS.
Spotify is not as good as iOS/Android
Messenger lacks some buttons
No Snapchat obviously, don't use it a lot, but many friends do and it is nice to be able to be part of what "happens" in the unreal-life as well.

Also:
There is no Wordflow in my native language (Can get Swype and similar stuff on both iOS/Android)

In total, I don't use many apps but the core ones should be there and be as good as other those found in competing OS. As of today they aren't in MY OPINION.

Overall I really love WP and it's look. The 930 is fantastic, camera and build. Well worth the money they can be had for these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05