09-27-2015 12:20 PM
29 12
tools
    I was considering that as well but I thought the screen was a little too big for comfortable one-handed usage.

5 to 5.2 inches of screen is the ideal size for my tiny Asian hands.
    09-19-2015 10:17 AM
    You should take a look at an LGG3 if your going to get an android phone. The price has really dropped since the lg4 showed up and still can be used one handed with a 5.5 inch screen because of the great design.
    The camera is good, not the best but good.
    09-19-2015 10:51 AM
    Having had both the Nexus 5 and L930, the Nexus is by far nicer to hold as its a lot lighter and especially the black version has a nice soft grip feel, the Nexus 5 even now has the latest Google updates and will be getting Google M update in a few weeks, the UI and speed of this device is still faster than many of the later android phones, if your going for a Nexus 5, go for the 32GB version as it doesn not have an SD card slot to expand your memory. Th ebuild quality is actually quite nice, the screen is pretty bright, but ever so slight washed out, but a very nice resolution, battery life is OK nothing brilliant, but a days use.

The L930 is also a fantastic phone, I never tried it with Windows 10, but my experiences with 8.1 where very good, the build of the L930 is on the heavier, solid and very well built side of things, you need a case on this beast as the back is just way to slippery, the screen is one of the best out there in my opinion, rich bright and clear Amoled, blacks are superb and make the WP8.1 experience perfect. the UI and speed are as per WP8.1 should be and as with all WP is slick and very smooth, app/game loading on the L930 is extremely fast, the camera is better than the Nexus 5's one, even though the Nexus 5 when it first came out had issues the updates to the google cam have improved a lot and now its a pretty good shooter with IS control it can snap some nice photos and Videos, but the L930 is just a step up and with its superb dual flash as well, its a joy to use and control with the dedicated camera button. Battery life is slightly worse than the Nexus 5, especially running 5.1.1 Google have improved battery life so much since it first came out, the L930 doesn't quite get a full day, well never did for me, but not far off.

The main decision is are you an APP/GAMER as WP apps are improving slowly, but to be honest not a patch on the quality and updates that the Google play store can provide, they are both equally good at gaming, although you have lots more choice on Google, they both have built in wireless charging, both have built in step counter chips, both have the same processor and ram and both have a similar battery life, which ever one you go for will be a fast slick experience.
    09-25-2015 02:36 AM
    jonah, thanks for the suggestion! well if I ever get an android phone it's either nexus or nothing, I really hate the bloat that 3rd party manufacturers include on their phones. On the other hand, I played with my friend's nexus 6 and loved the clean, minimalist design on lollipop.

Captain, the nexus 5 is no doubt an impressive piece of kit, though from what I heard, build quality cannot compare to the sheer solidity of Nokia's offering. Based on reviews that tested the Nokia on win 8.1, it already seems like a formidable proposition, and I am excited to see what improvements windows 10 will bring. I watched a video review of a lumia 930 running win 10 build 10635 and the reviewer said that speed and transitions have improved. Apparently the battery life has received a boost, too. I guess I should wait for their prices to fall with the imminent announcement of their successors, and continue ti watch out for good deals on ebay.
    09-27-2015 12:20 PM
29 12