screen lift? how much is normal (pics in post 11)

cowboyscounty

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Black two side tape is holding the screen on. And in my opinion there should be no lift at all. I have 0.5 mm on the lower right corner where the heat is stronger.
Whats the point of curve edges on the glas when the screen is lifted? This is problem on all 930 but it seems that some of you cant notice that or you think its normal. There should be no lift at all. And overheating is the problem because glue is softer and thats how you get screen lifting.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
One of the first 830 'faults' reported was this exact same issue, and given the similarity in design I guess the two screens are attached the same way.

It is not uncommon to use glue/tape these days in product design, and providing it is correctly applied it can be incredibly strong. However when it is not it can result in issues like this.

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am on my second NL930. First one I received I didn't even bother turning on as the whole of the right hand side was lifted. Now my second one has an issue with the proximity sensor when making a call where the screen remains blacked out. I can get it to work before making a call and during if I squeeze that area together. This will last temporarily but soon returns (talking problem returns within a few calls.) I'm pretty sure this must also be to do with a slight screen lift in that area giving squeezing the area together seems to temporarily fix it

I had 3 NL920 all with a proximity sensor problem when there was a problem with the early ones getting a dust build up. I understand this got fixed with later batches.

It's really disappointing as I absolutely love the phone, from design, screen, camera, ui and really looking forward to what Denim may bring.

I'm reluctant to send off the handset though after reading of issues where either returned still having same problem and or coming back slightly damaged in some way.

Is anyone aware of whether any later batches do not have this issue, as with the fixes to build quality the NL920 went through, although a different issue showed an acknowledgement of sorts that was a problem.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking of late about buying a 1520 or a 930 as a FullHD supplement to my 1020, but with the former's scroll/tap problem and the latter's screen lift problem what am I supposed to do? Which is the less bad fault?

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia UK are sending me a replacement 930 after a mountain of complaining, emails, tweets and phonecalls.

It's really souring, because Apple send out advance replacements with no issue. Just standard practice for them. So this will certainly make me rethink buying another Nokia.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have my NL930 for about 2 months now, took a few HARD falls, and my screen is still intact.. worth mentioning i'm using a case though..(checked the screen lift without the case of course)

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Had a 1520 with the Scroll issue and on low light there was a terrible noise in videos captured. after that I've decided to try the 930. Great phone, great camera but the overheating problem is not something to just pass by!! Now I am seeing other bad stuff such as screen lifting. This is not acceptable for a 500EUR+ phone!!! I currently have a iphone 5S and decided to go back to WP, but I will NEVER buy one of these two again!! I would preffer an older 1020, cause I can still find these new and sealed. the HTC M8 WP is nice but it's camera is a total failure. So I guess 1020 it is for me, at least until MS decides to deliver a phone with some decent build quality!!

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just to update everyone, got my replacement Lumia 930 from Nokia after one of the worst series of customer service I've ever experienced. The replacement handset isn't new, its refurbed and the back cover has a small knick in it but I'm giving up the fight. They also gave me a ?40 voucher which was nice.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Screen lift was less than a mm on my replacement 928 bottom left corner when I got it. Now after a few months there is lift in the top left corner and it interferes with the proximity sensor! Cannot use screen during a call unless I press down the lifted part.

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just to update everyone, got my replacement Lumia 930 from Nokia after one of the worst series of customer service I've ever experienced. The replacement handset isn't new, its refurbed and the back cover has a small knick in it but I'm giving up the fight. They also gave me a ?40 voucher which was nice.
I am currently experiencing a similar level of customer service grimness regarding screen lift which is detailed in the following thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-screen-lift-deteriorating-camera-button.html

So far I've complained on Facebook - they basically replied with "this isn't covered, that isn't covered - take it to your nearest Care Point so we can check you haven't damaged the phone yourself"

Called my nearest Care Point, they basically said they'd never seen this happen before, that it wasn't covered under warranty and would cost ?180 to replace the screen.

Tried Twitter - again with the complete lack of concern and "physical damage voids warranty" message.

Three separate avenues, all implying I've damaged the phone myself. Not impressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte