How do I get my 930 Capacitive keys to light up?

Cosmin Blaga

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
930 Capacitive keys

Hey guys I just got my 930 and it seems my capacitive keys aren't lighting up ... is there any software way to disable them that I accidentally hit or is it a hardware problem . I would appreciate your help .Thanks !

Last edited:

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: 930 Capacitive keys

my battery saver is on and they work , but when the battery gets low I think it's one of the first things that shut off. reason I say that is when I got my Icon the battery was low , and the capacitive keys didn't light up, but after I charge it they came on.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Yup, that also happens with my 1520. I think it's default for WP to turn off capacitive button lights when battery is low.

Cosmin Blaga

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Well yes my HTC 8x used to do that as well but my 930 seems to never turn them on any clues as to why this happens. Do you think a hard reset may fix it ?

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

The backlight behind my search stopped working. The other two are fine. Another great feature of the hardware problems ridden L930 :(

Cosmin Blaga

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

So this happened to others to ? Sending it back to Nokia then ...
Edit: well after the hard reset they all shine ..wierd

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Well yes my HTC 8x used to do that as well but my 930 seems to never turn them on any clues as to why this happens. Do you think a hard reset may fix it ?

Happens the same with my old Lumia 925. Hard reset fix it. Don't forget to turn on backup on settings. Works flawless!!

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Settings-> Display->Battery Saver Brightness -> ON/OFF
Reduces screen brightness when batter saver is active.

Turn it OFF, capacitive keys light up.

The main Battery Saver application doesn't need to be on. I have it off but have changed the display setting above.

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I assume you're aware that they only light up if the light detector at the top of the phone thinks it's dark?

I just tested this on my Lumia 930. In a bright room, cover the top of your phone with your palm and press the lock/unlock button and ta-da...they light up like magic. Then try without your palm covering the top and they won't light up.

The same thing happens when you get a text message while your phone is in your pocket. The screen will not turn on until it detects it has been moved out your pocket, or it detects light - whichever of the two happens.

Smart features, but this is where Nokia, Samsung and HTC etc. are too dumb to learn from Apple. Market every feature you got, no matter how minor it is.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My capacitive lights never came on even in the dark until I turned off the display battery saver. With it off, they come on even when its bright out. They haven't once worked with the display battery saver on. I'm not inclined to do a hard reset just to see if it works with the display battery saver on.

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
The same thing happens when you get a text message while your phone is in your pocket. The screen will not turn on until it detects it has been moved out your pocket, or it detects light - whichever of the two happens.

Sorry off topic... But this used to happen on my Lumia 525 when it was running Lumia black. Since the cyan update, it's been missing. Any thoughts how to get that back??? I really liked that...

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry off topic... But this used to happen on my Lumia 525 when it was running Lumia black. Since the cyan update, it's been missing. Any thoughts how to get that back??? I really liked that...

That's my point in my last sentence - Nokia didn't advertise it as a feature of the phone, so nobody knows about it until it actually happens, but then they didn't add it into the Settings either. Or if it's in the Settings it is buried away somewhere.

It would be a poor decision if their updates remove it since it helps to save battery. I got the Cyan update and (I think) it's still fine but who knows what they'll do with the Denim update.

Zbyna

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
This is crazy, I have never touch the default setting under Settings - Display - Battery Saver Brightness (which was ON), then keys are off.
Why they simply not provide the separate setting for it? And we need to play detectives here, to make it work as desired :devil:

fcu423

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
A different problem but related to this topic. My bar buttons light are not bright white... they have more like a yellow backlight and looks like when a light is going to die. Is this the common behavior of this light or yours is alright?

I got my Nokia Lumia 930 today and I'm facing that problem not knowing if I should return it or not.

MCx3

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I have similar problem; the three buttons seems to be like half lit only. Wondering if is the way it should be or is a hardware problem; as none the other Lumias have that issue

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Constant prob on 1520. MS customer support searched for solution for 3 weeks and then called me and said no solution. Horrible service

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett