930 owners in the US

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm really torn about which phone to get next, but an unlocked 930 is on my shortlist. i'm on att and am wondering what my coverage would be like if it bought an unlocked 930. i know 4g lte is out, but i'm wondering what my reception and wireless speeds would be. anyone here using an unlocked international 930 here in the US? what's your coverage like and what kind of wireless speeds are you getting?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i'm really torn about which phone to get next, but an unlocked 930 is on my shortlist. i'm on att and am wondering what my coverage would be like if it bought an unlocked 930. i know 4g lte is out, but i'm wondering what my reception and wireless speeds would be. anyone here using an unlocked international 930 here in the US? what's your coverage like and what kind of wireless speeds are you getting?

I'm pretty sure you'd get 3G/3.5G (or "4G" since this is the US)
I don't see why reception would be any worse than an ATT phone, its just a matter of band support and may firmware stuff for carrier specific stuff. (Like T-Mo's Wi-Fi calling)

My 920 got its LTE messed up because of something I did and I haven't bothered fixing it yet.
H/H+ speeds still serve me well enough.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had an unlocked 930 for a couple of weeks before I sent it back for an unlocked 830.
I'm on AT&T and get HSPA+ speeds (as expected) and was getting around 10mps which is more than fine for me (my 830 gets the same).
Coverage was the same as an AT&T android phone that I also own.
No problems at all, MMS works and so does internet tethering.

:)
Fred

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If MS/Nokia had released an unlocked LTE version that worked on AT&T or T-Mobile I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Heck, at this point I would even take a carrier locked version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss