05-21-2015 08:38 PM
34 12
tools
    Ok sure. The back is actually pretty easy to get off but I don't recommend people do it if they don't feel comfortable with it. Basically when the sim tray is fully removed you can see a small portion of the back cover poking through which is like a clip. If you gently press against that with a small flat tool you can pop it out. Then you can gently prise off the back cover which is just basically clipped in around the frame. Then when you turn the device over screen side down you can see a small hex type screw (size t5). Mine was a little loose so I tightened it some more, this immediately got it working again. Today for some reason it was acting up again but this evening its fine again. It could be just coincidence but I think it is something to do with that because before I did this it would work when pressing the area together so it got me thinking whether something wasn't quite tightened up enough. I will sort a couple of pictures out to show you what I mean but in the meantime if you search Nokia Lumia 930 disassembly on something like youtube you can see something take everything apart. I have an orange Lumia 930 and I've ordered a black back now because I would like to see that back cover with the aluminium frame. I like the idea of it over the all black one.
    Ssrki and Marquis de Faux like this.
    12-16-2014 02:07 PM
    12-16-2014 02:25 PM
    nice photos. seems pretty easy to replace the battery when faulty...
    12-17-2014 06:13 AM
    wp_20141217_17_15_38_pro.jpg

My black replacement cover arrived today. I like the look against the aluminium. Only thing is it didn't have the flash module so had to take that off the original one and doesn't have the wireless charging parts in it!! I think I could probably peel off the connectors from the old one to charge but not confident to do it.
    Not tried taking battery out as not had need but yes it doesn't look too bad to do if you had to do it. Got me wondering about larger batteries now. Good thing is though that I have now gone a couple of days without the double tap to wake issue not working or screen remaining black since fiddling with that screw as indicated. Had a small period where it didn't work but so far so good.
    evilrob and Tornado92 like this.
    12-17-2014 11:27 AM
    Is that a 3rd party manufactured back cover?
    12-18-2014 05:02 AM
    I'm not sure. I bought it through a place called mobilephoneslcd who basically stock spare phone parts for lots of different makes. I've seen on ebay you can pick up the wireless charge part for about 7.00 so I may purchase that and stick it on this one.
    12-18-2014 10:36 AM
    Hmm I see...
    12-19-2014 02:28 AM
    After using it a while, does the screw loosen up again? Or is the fix permanent?

Edit: Directed at sketched
    05-18-2015 09:15 PM
    Via Nokia Live chat:

"The [camera button] discolorations are cosmetic. As per the warranty terms and conditions, cosmetic issues will not be covered by the warranty."

Ship me a phone with a s**tty camera button that wears prematurely due to a manufacturing defect / quality control issue and then tell me it's not your problem. Thanks, Nokia.
    Try talking to a Nokia live chat agent again, and see if they can escalated your case ! When this happens you will be called a few days later by another agent, who can work something out with you, other than sending your phone away for a week or two, just to not even know if it'll be accepted and repaired. I had a 925 with a faulty camera a few months ago, that was supposed to be fixed several times but came back still messed up, so I had my case escalated, and I convinced the agemt to send me a new one.. The agent even agreed to send me the att variant so I could use it on my current carrier...( I originally had the T-Mobile one)
    05-21-2015 08:38 PM
34 12