[L930] Double-tap to wake not working?

Danda18

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Feature Double-tap to wake dont work on my Lumia 930. It worked on 50%. Sometimes it by tapping unlock, but sometimes i can tap how i want, but my phone dont unlock. In settings i have it turn on. Also i restarted my phone, but it still dont work.
And second problem. If I call, display is often black, even though I have a phone in hand in front of me.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Feature Double-tap to wake dont work on my Lumia 930. It worked on 50%. Sometimes it by tapping unlock, but sometimes i can tap how i want, but my phone dont unlock. In settings i have it turn on. Also i restarted my phone, but it still dont work.
And second problem. If I call, display is often black, even though I have a phone in hand in front of me.

I do not use Doubletap on L930, so I can tell nothing about it. The accuraccy on others Lumia that i've had was about 90% or something. I don't know about Lumia 930.

About black display on call, you need to be sure that you are not blocking the sensor. The sensor location is just aside of frontal camera.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got a 930 and I'd say it works about 70% of the time. Sometimes I've noticed if my hands are cold it doesn't work as well, but apart from that it can be hit and miss at the best of times.

Black screen during call, I'd say the same as above.

jsn76

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Having exactly the same problems with my 930. The black screen started when the top right corner of the screen started lifting, and the double tap to wake got really inconsistent at about the same time. I could only get the screen to light up while on a call if I held the corner down.

Check to see if your screen has started to lift in the top right.

Nokia care have the phone for a third time now trying to get it fixed which is starting to get annoying. Which is a shame, because I really love the phone other than the black screen during calls.

Danda18

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I dont block the sensor, and yet display is often black. Top right corner looks OK, but maybe there is a very small bending. I have hardware revision 2.0.0.1. My brother has 2.0.0.2 and his corners are very hard and he dont have any problem with this.

Danda18

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Today I investigated it more and really top right corner of the screen started lifting. I could only get the screen to light up while on a call if I held the corner down. So I have a phone claim?

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I unfortunately have the exact same issue. Double tap to wake does not work and screen goes black when making a call and stays like that when taking phone away from face. My screen appears to have no lift. However if I pinch the top right area before trying double tap to wake or making a call it works fine. I'm really annoyed about this issue. I did start going through the troubleshooting on support site and typically it does not list this fault but actually has the reverse where screen doesn't go black when making a call. When I put my imei number to start the process for repair it just kept saying it couldn't check it because site down for maintenance so I gave up and just putting up with it for now as I can make it work and when people have raised this issue before I'm not reading that there has been much success it getting it sorted.

It is really annoying though as the first 930 I received I didn't even bother turning on as I could see the screen was lifted down the whole right hand side so I was able to change that no quibble. This time though I do not have that option.

We have all either been really unlucky or there is definitely a quality issue that is not being acknowledged.

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had 3 920 handsets with this issue too when they came out. I gave up and got a 925 after the third.

I wonder how many other lumias have had this problem on a wide scale.

I really hope its something that is sorted going forward as for me these handsets have offered more for the os than others but there comes a point where you do lose faith and look elsewhere

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I had 3 920 handsets with this issue too when they came out. I gave up and got a 925 after the third.

I wonder how many other lumias have had this problem on a wide scale.

I really hope its something that is sorted going forward as for me these handsets have offered more for the os than others but there comes a point where you do lose faith and look elsewhere

3??????

Wow, it's a shame! The manufacturing process is getting worse and worse.

I have luck with my Lumia 930. Hope still that way!

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both got 930s within a week of each other and they both have the screen lift problem along with the associated proximity sensor issues. The phone is great apart from that.
I'm going to take mine to the local service center.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Tried experimenting with speed of double tap - makes no difference. Does always seem to work on second attempt. Wonder if its some process 'waking up' that isn't responding correctly

Z8JLsgokUI

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Why is Windows Phone users like us always facing these kind of tiny, annoying problem? I like my Windows Phone but is the small thing like this make me hate it too. My wife use her iPhone, the building quality is very consistence and I have never heard her complain.

sketchedout

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
3??????

Wow, it's a shame! The manufacturing process is getting worse and worse.

I have luck with my Lumia 930. Hope still that way!

Yeah I had 3 920 handsets in a row all with that issue one after the other but I had a no quibble exchange policy so through phones4u so was easy to just get a replacement but after the third gave up, the 920 early handsets though had a known fault with dust build up in the front camera lense which I think also travelled across to the proximity sensor. I think Iater builds did get sorted as Nokia acknowledged the problem.

I haven't really seen anything to acknowledge this problem with the 930 yet though regarding screen lift and proximity sensor problems so maybe it isn't so widespread - but it does seem to come up alot on the forums unfortunately.

I've now had my 930 collected by ups today so hopefully they will permanently fix it. It really is getting though. I have always really liked the various Lumia designs but in my experience it is common fault and puts me off - but can't help but fall for them everytime

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Why is Windows Phone users like us always facing these kind of tiny, annoying problem? I like my Windows Phone but is the small thing like this make me hate it too. My wife use her iPhone, the building quality is very consistence and I have never heard her complain.

I moved from Android 2 months ago. Prior to that I had 3 iPhones.

All phones and operating systems have issues. Android is worst. Apples hardware. Is ok, but hated being stuck with Apples eco system.

Bugs and faults I still prefer WP - Lumia 930

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I moved from Android 2 months ago. Prior to that I had 3 iPhones.

All phones and operating systems have issues. Android is worst. Apples hardware. Is ok, but hated being stuck with Apples eco system.

Bugs and faults I still prefer WP - Lumia 930

Yeah, these things happens to any smartphone. Doens't matter if Windows Phone or not, if Samsung, Nokia, Microsoft, Apple or not. If it have software + hardware, sooner or later you will have problems.

The manufacturing process is worst every day, since they need to focus on money, not quality AT ALL. The market is very competitive, so the only way to make money is focus on low budgets and poor quality controls.

My GF have a Iphone 5s. SMS doesn't work until these days. After a restore, seems to be better, but it's not 100% yet. Their old Iphone 4S was send to Apple because WiFi stopped from work. She won a brand new one.

I have a friend with a paperweight Samsung SIV in their house. Freezes all the time. The warranty was gone.

I had problems with a old Lumia 925 too. The buttons came deffective (too soft and the camera button without the second stage).

Until now I'm getting luck with Nokia and Windows Phone. Lumia 710, Lumia 820, two Lumia 925 and 930. The only problem was mentioned above and I send to carrier to change it.

So it's very annoying, but we have nothing to do. It's just how the things works. Not quality, only quantity.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, these things happens to any smartphone. Doens't matter if Windows Phone or not, if Samsung, Nokia, Microsoft, Apple or not. If it have software + hardware, sooner or later you will have problems.

The manufacturing process is worst every day, since they need to focus on money, not quality AT ALL. The market is very competitive, so the only way to make money is focus on low budgets and poor quality controls.

My GF have a Iphone 5s. SMS doesn't work until these days. After a restore, seems to be better, but it's not 100% yet. Their old Iphone 4S was send to Apple because WiFi stopped from work. She won a brand new one.

I have a friend with a paperweight Samsung SIV in their house. Freezes all the time. The warranty was gone.

I had problems with a old Lumia 925 too. The buttons came deffective (too soft and the camera button without the second stage).

Until now I'm getting luck with Nokia and Windows Phone. Lumia 710, Lumia 820, two Lumia 925 and 930. The only problem was mentioned above and I send to carrier to change it.

So it's very annoying, but we have nothing to do. It's just how the things works. Not quality, only quantity.

Sing it, brother. Ain't nothing perfect out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3