[L930] Burn in?

victorreis777

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I would buy lumia 1520, but it's too big to carry on pocket ... So i decided to take a look on lumia 930, and unfortunately the screen is led. Anyone had burn in? The color profile can solve the yellowish white characteristic of led screens? And what about that purple/green gradient problem on screen?

Thank you very much!

anon(9087554)

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Everything works perfect for me, except screen flickering and green gradient problems. Still waiting for a fix. I hope denim will fix this, if not i will be hugelly disapointed

anon(9087554)

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had flickering in lumia 920 too :/ Green gradient can be solved on color profile ?
I tried but it doesn't work, it just changes the brightnes of burn in. If you set your purple on max, then it is barely visible but still noticible, but on another side you mess up all your colors on phone, everything is just purpleish

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the L735 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, both have AMOLED screens. As I understand it, being ORGANIC, the colours will fade over time, with blue fading fastest. Also, if you keep a static screen on for long periods with screen brightness set to max, burn in will happen. Look at the demo handsets in stores to see what this look like.

There are no signs of burn in on the S3 mini after 6 months of daily use.

I have dark colours on my L735 - black background, wallpaper is solid grey so live tiles are very dark, and screen brightness is set to auto. I think the screen will be free of burn in for a a couple of years! Burn in is not something that concerns me; if it happens, it will be the 'soft buttons' at the bottom of the screen. (Wish I could turn from from White to my chosen theme colour, not just their background.)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I would buy lumia 1520, but it's too big to carry on pocket ... So i decided to take a look on lumia 930, and unfortunately the screen is led. Anyone had burn in? The color profile can solve the yellowish white characteristic of led screens? And what about that purple/green gradient problem on screen?

Thank you very much!

Yes, the Color Profile solve yellow tint.

Purple bug was partly solved on the last update, but unfortunately was only a workaround by Microsoft. Actually just increased the minimum brightness level.

Nothing about burnin. In my AMOLED experience I think it's a myth.

If camera is not a big deal for you, I recommend you to think about Lumia 830 or even a Lumia 730/5.

I love my Lumia 930, but the camera is the only reason to buy it instead 830 or 730/5.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the L735 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, both have AMOLED screens. As I understand it, being ORGANIC, the colours will fade over time, with blue fading fastest. Also, if you keep a static screen on for long periods with screen brightness set to max, burn in will happen.

This is just theory. Actually burnin it's not a big deal. Same for Plasma TV as well. It's a myth (in the plasma case, the old ones had this problem, not the 2009~ models).

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I get noticeable burn in on my Icon when I chat on whatsapp for at least an hour with the screen on all the time. The burn in eventually subsides to a level where it's barely noticeable unless you knew it was there once I've had the screen off for a while

victorreis777

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Nothing about burnin. In my AMOLED experience I think it's a myth.

If camera is not a big deal for you, I recommend you to think about Lumia 830 or even a Lumia 730/5.

I love my Lumia 930, but the camera is the only reason to buy it instead 830 or 730/5.

I've had burnin in Samsung Ativ S...
Don't you think there's a great difference in sharpness/quality between 720p and 1080p in WP ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb