[L930] HERE Drive missing after restore?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
HI all ive just installed my latest backup onto my new 930 but after its finished installing all my apps i noticed here drive was missing....when i search in the store it says its installed but its not in the app list so i cant even uninstall it to try again.

any ideas ???

Edit
Ok i had a shortcut on my home screen which works and opens here drive but its still not in the apps list???

Firdaus Fauzi1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
maybe go to storage sense to uninstall and reinstall it. Do it at your own risk, don't blame me if you can't use here drive at all after this.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
It's not showing in storage sense either. Tried soft reset but I think it was installed on the memory card on my 1530 but this 930 doesn't have one and that may be my problem.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
No, that couldn't have been the problem as it should automatically install to whichever default storage there is. This is a fairly known issue to some of the users in the forum where the app is nowhere to be found in the system, but the store recognizes that it is installed and is not updatable via store or sideload. It is caused by an error during installation (could've been caused by interruption or just have a faulty folder directory).

The only solution is setting the year manually to 2100 or so, then tap on the shortcut on the start screen, this should prompt you to uninstall the app. Otherwise if that doesn't work, then you have no choice but to do another factory reset.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Changing the date didn't work but as I can still open here drive from the short cut I might leave it as is for the time being just glad in not the only one with this problem.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok that did something but it would seem my shortcut is powered by transparency tiles and that was what wanted to be deleted........

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok just a question to add here so i dont make a new thread..
I am planning a hard reset, but cant decide if i should wait for Denim update to come on my 930, or do it just now? I've read somewhere that it is advised to do a reset after the update, and i dont wanna do it twice.

Thanks for the answers...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss