Overheating still an issue with the 930?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, need a bit of help. I'm looking into buying a new phone (currently own the 925) and I have always liked the 930,
but a quick search on issues told me that a lot of users reported overheating issues, with some even stating that it was/ is worse than the 925 heating issues. I know that MS tried to fix this issue with Cyan..

My questions: Do any of you that are on Cyan still have this issue?? Or on 8.1.1 (dev preview)? If i do get the phone it'll most definitely be on dev prev so I really need to know if the heating issue has been resolved or if there are any user tips might help?

Thanks in advance :grin:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, need a bit of help. I'm looking into buying a new phone (currently own the 925) and I have always liked the 930,
but a quick search on issues told me that a lot of users reported overheating issues, with some even stating that it was/ is worse than the 925 heating issues. I know that MS tried to fix this issue with Cyan..

My questions: Do any of you that are on Cyan still have this issue?? Or on 8.1.1 (dev preview)? If i do get the phone it'll most definitely be on dev prev so I really need to know if the heating issue has been resolved or if there are any user tips might help?

Thanks in advance :grin:

Never had the issue with mine

Laion

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine yesterday. When setting the phone up the phone got quite hot. Much hotter than my L820 ever but not like burning my hand. When that happened I thought I'm going to have all the problems I have read about. But the phone cooled down and it's totally cool when using it (I don't play games). It gets just a bit warm when charging it.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have overheating issues, but the phone definitely heats up, especially when using here drive or gaming. The lower right corner of the device runs hot. I would say a bit more than 920. I can't compare it to 925, because I never had one. Even while surfing the internet it gets warm, not hot but warm.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It does get hot when the processor is working. It SEEMS to have gotten better after 8.1.1 though. I do recall earlier when I first got my 930 it gets pretty hot, But it doesn't seem to heat up as hot anymore unless im gaming for a few hours.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Im a light gamer, by which I mean, for 15 to 20 minutes, so that's why im asking. Did any of you guys try a back cover? I bought the terrapin back cover for my 925 and that helped with the heat, so im wondering if i can do the same with the 930?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine get hot while playing asphalt 8 airborn for few minutes, while browsing using 3G. There was one occasion when the camera application accidentally remained open for 15 minutes and it literally heated my device.

Offcourse that heat will not burn your hands. But it could reduce the life of your device or could cause damage to other circuit. SD800 is a very efficient processor. We shouldn't experience this kind of heat issues. This makes me realize, how bad wp is optimized compared to super smooth and optimized IOS. I never faced heat issue in my iPad air. I hope denim update completely eliminates this heat issue

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a million guys :) This is really helping me decide! After putting everything together, I have this: seems the heating issue is still there, but has improved slightly. Apps that are not being used should be closed off to prevent any heating and denim might ship with some fixes for this issue..

So the best bet would be to wait for denim... It seems to be doing miracles for the 830 and that one only has a SD400

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It does get hot when the processor is working. It SEEMS to have gotten better after 8.1.1 though. I do recall earlier when I first got my 930 it gets pretty hot, But it doesn't seem to heat up as hot anymore unless im gaming for a few hours.

Same here.

Only heats up when I'm playing AND charging. Or in very warm locations.

Ben_linux

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't heat. I have it since several weeks, and even with 1h30 of Here Drive in my car , it's not too hot. No problem with mine...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't heat. I have it since several weeks, and even with 1h30 of Here Drive in my car , it's not too hot. No problem with mine...

Yes there have been some users that said they got lucky and had minimal heating issues. One of the mods also has a 930 and said that his was fine, but only after a few months of usage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05