Purchase from import and did not realise language locked to Asia, how to change?

Steve Rackham

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi All
This is likely a newbie question (and mistake).
I purchased the Nokia Lumia 930 from an importer in New Zealand and did not realise that the region and language would be locked to Asia.
How do I change the language of the device? Is this possible or am I stuck with a expensive mistake?
I have powered the phone on and got stuck straight away at the first screen.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Steve Rackham

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean that it's stuck at the first screen? Is it set to a language you don't know? If it's Chinese, Korean, or Japanese, I can help you get around to change the language back to whichever you want.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Phones are not locked to a region and language. Look for the wheel logo on the Start screen. That is Settings. Tap that. There are a lot of settings on the Lumia 930. So scroll way down. Below USB, date+time, and keyboard, you'll see language and region.
Tap "language." That will show you all the languages installed on the phone - mine had about 12. Press and hold any language you do not want, and a pop-down menu will appear. Tap "remove" to get rid of unwanted languages. Tap the "+ add languages" to add any language from the list that will appear.
Once you've finished setting your languages, tap the back arrow button at the lower left of the screen to go back to Settings.
Tap on "region." Tap the "Country/Region" to select your country region. You can also set the "Regional format" on that screen.
Hope this helps.
I'm still a newbie and have found this a great place to get help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99