Flash your L930 with a different ROM and experience more

Stuazt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
This thread provides tips about differences between different version of firmwares( or ROMs).

If you just want a different language or Cortana or region( store) experience, you don't need to flash your 930 with a different ROM as you can just go to settings an set them.

BUT, you need to flash your 930 with a different ROM if you want to experience one of these below:

A, Different ROMs have different ways of showing 4G(LTE) network.
As far as I know:
French/UK/Hong Kong/Australia and most of other versions show 4G;
German/China version shows L;
Malaysian version shows LTE (like in the picture below);
wp_ss_20141118_0005.jpg
B,Chinese version is a special version. It includes 3 exclusive features:
1,Caller Number Location. When you received a call from a strange number, It'll show you where the number belongs to(Province, City, Carrier). But this is only useful in China. You may think that it's a strange feature but most smartphone provide this feature including Microsoft of course.
2,Pick Up Vibration. When you call someone, your 930 will vibrate when he/she picks up your call. It's a pretty function especially when you're busy.
3,Power-off Charging. You can power off while charging and it won't boot unless you want it to.

FYI, if you flashed your 930 with the Chinese version of ROM, you can see a China Unicom logo while booting. And also current version of Chinese ROM does not support LTE, but you can enable the developer preview and will receive an update that enables LTE network.
It looks like this:
502408_173848084_2.jpg
So, that's all.
I flashed my 930 with the Malaysian ROM because I really like to see the LTE instead of L or 4G.

You can flash your 930 with any version of ROM and it'll just work fine. But, make sure you flash with CV ROM(CV=Country Variant, and it means that this ROM is sim-free).
Here's where you get the ROMs and how to flash.
Flashed my French 930 with UK firmware by scgf
Chinese version:
Product type:RM-1087.
Ignore the RM-1087 and CN UNICOM. It's also sim-free and will work fine on any 930. Generally, you can flash any Lumia 930 with any version of firmware and they'll just work fine.
Here are the information of Chinese version:

059W5D7: RM-1087 VAR APAC CN UNICOM BLACK
059W5D6: RM-1087 VAR APAC CN UNICOM BR_GRE
059W5D5: RM-1087 VAR APAC CN UNICOM BR_ORA
059W5D8: RM-1087 VAR APAC CN UNICOM WHITE

So now you can decide whether you want a different ROM or just stay with the original one.
Hope it's useful for you and have fun.

Last edited:

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
One question here, In my 930, I got the purple hue bug in it, Any luck to fix this by flashing a different Rom?

PS: And thanks heap! I was looking for this over the web for days!

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
One question here, In my 930, I got the purple hue bug in it, Any luck to fix this by flashing a different Rom?

PS: And thanks heap! I was looking for this over the web for days!

I have just fixed mine by flashing my Country Variant rom. I had the Telstra (My Carrier) rom previously and its obliterated the Purple Hue :)

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
'til now with German ROMS on several models I've never had any issues at all. No freezing, no rebooting, no battery drain, no cell signal dropping nothing. Don't know what, but seems that even in phone's firmware Deutsch Quality is present :))))

ivor1024

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
So if I flash my 930 with a different ROM I will lose my warranty but if I flash it back to stock, no one will notice I flashed it, right?

atchi123

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked 930 with a Hong Kong code which doesn't let me get 4g in the UK with EE. Will flashing with a different rom fix this ti get 4g?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
"I flashed my 930 with the Malaysian ROM because I really like to see the LTE instead of L or 4G."

Isnt simplier edit it via ergistry tool ? You can set to showing whatever you write and can be edit 3G /Edge also...