Scratches on the glass

gricardo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a Lumia 930 in September on EE, but even tough it comes with Gorilla Glass 3, the screen is already scratched,
especially on the top and the bottom of the display. I'm using a screen protector now, but it doesn't fit well, especially on the side edges.
Does anyone else have this problem with the phone? And is there anything I could do know to recover the "integrity" of the screen?
I wanted to attach a photo, but I would have to remove the screen protector.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
they all scratch, fine scratches. even putting it in my pocket, with nothing it still finds something to scratch. For all my gorilla glass based phones. It's inevitable.

Zbyna

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's reason for Gorilla glass actually. I know that from fine scratches it is not so resistant, but it should.
If you say it is a reason for screen guard, then it should come with the phone already.

I use mine for about the 2 months now, and screen is scratched much more than my 2 years old 920.
I take care about the phone usually use the cover or case or having it in empty pocket, so I cannot believe now that it is so worn off.

scottymc

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Guys I'm on site all day heavy dust and grit environment use the phone all the time never had a case ,had the phone since it was released in the UK and I've not got a scratch on it . I must be lucky or you guys are giving your phones a proper pounding

Zbyna

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Believe me n, ou must be lucky, because I'm using it only in "clean" office evironment, pamper the phone and I've got o many scratches, which Ido not have on any other previous phone.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple of scratches, but they only appeared after a drunken night out so I think the phone must have taken a tumble. Otherwise fine. Never had any real issue with any of my Lumias in that respect (800, 925, 930).

gricardo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
And does anyone know about a good screen protector in UK? Because any that I try is too small ot does not fit well because of the curved edge.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I use something from AlienSurface (the branding used in Romania - might be under a different name in other countries).
The protector sticks very well on the curved display.
Check out this demo video with Iphone6, which also has a curved display

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHIiV_TqIVI

My screen also got a very fine and small scratch after a couple of days of use, although i've been very carefull. I dont believe when someone says it doesnt have ANY scratch at all. It's not possible. Even though they're not visible unless you look at an angle and with a light source nearby, they're still there. Even with gorilla glass 3

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
That's curved screens for you. I have a new 930 and have had it with no protection for 2 days with no scratches. Now my case has arrived (standard Nokia 930 flip case) it is protected. Much nicer than a screen protector. I am confident it is now well prepared to remain unscratched.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Well you guys just have to be more careful with a pricey toy. I've had my share of luck with my previous phones, and I'm hoping that it's going to continue to like that. :D

Last edited:

gricardo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
The glass itself is not scratched. It's the oleophobic coating that's scratching. Good news? Bad news? You decide.

But the problem is that the scratch can't be removed anyway.
I think a tempered glass would be the best option as a screen protector, but it just doesn't fit because of the curved edges.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3