[L930] Shattered screen?

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

unfortunately my 930 adventure took a turn for the worse this morning, I accidently knocked it off a table (2.5 ft high) the phone landed on it's top right corner (onto hard surface) and shattered the screen and bent the corner. accidents happen I should have had a case etc etc. I know several others have broken their screens, I would like to know a few things.

1. if you had it repaired (if you did it or nokia service centre or the like)
2. How much it cost?
3. when you replace the screen is it the whole glass, amoled display and aluminium frame that gets replaced?
4. I have found a replacement here 00812K8 Nokia Lumia 930 - Komplett Front+LCD+Touchscreen (Silber)

any help would be useful as I am weighing up the cost of a repair versus just getting a new one

thanks in advance

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much,
I noticed though the 2 links you posted are only for the digitiser and neither are genuine by the looks of it. I'm pretty sure i'll need the alu chassis too as it bent and a new screen won't fit flush.
I think I will do it myself, i'll just have to swallow the cost.

Thanks again

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It is the full assembly and I have bought parts from eBay before but without seeing pictures of the full damage it is a bit difficult to recommend a supplier that is trustworthy. Also I tried to find someone who was willing to ship to Europe. USA shippers are cheap on eBay.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
i'm sure it is just the digitizer as it is showing a front and a rear image and neither of them show the aluminium chassis, as the aluminium on mine is bent into the area where the digitizer would sit. anyway nevermind, I appreciate your help of course. I have ordered from Germany and will do it myself. It seems a pretty straight forward job. I'll let others know how it went.

Thanks again.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, I replaced the shattered screen last night, it was very easy to do, like I said I had ordered the screen, lcd and aluminium chassis as one whole unit, it was just a case of swapping out the internals. you just need to be careful when reconnection things, but other than that it went fine. I have noticed 2 small issues, 1. the proiximity sensor doesn't appear to be working, i'll need to check it as that was exactly where the screen broke and it might have been damaged, and 2 the 3 capacitive buttons at the bottom of the phone don't light up. i'll re try today and see what happens.

EDIT/UPDATE: I looked again and I have managed to break the proximity/ambient light sensor. it must have been when I was replacing the board. I can live without the things it provides, but just be careful of this if it's something you're going to attempt yourselves.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos