Maps not launching Bing Maps

Tokyopav

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I'm a recent new owner of a Lumia 930 here in Japan. I have searched and tried all the stuff I can find on the web to try and get the Bing Maps instead of the Nokia Maps when using the Maps app. The Nokia Maps are completely void of any detail here in Japan. I downloaded the Maps launcher which is supposed to give me Bing Maps but I only get detail with Satellite View. The Standard view is just about 5 roads in all of Tokyo.
I really need a good maps app that has details link Bing Maps on my Surface Pro 3.
At the moment I'm relegated to using google maps in the we browser and it's horrible also.

I purchased gMapsPro but it doesn't work very well and can't find routes when I select public transport. I created a support ticket but no response in over a week so I assume they reply.

Any advice, tips, app suggestions etc. would be awesome.

thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Bing Maps on Windows Phone uses Nokia Maps (Here) so they both are the same. Also have you downloaded the Japan Maps for offline use on your phone?

Edit: Looks like Here maps for Japan is very limited

Tokyopav

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the reply, yes the Here maps is terribly limited. I have Japan Maps but it doesn't do anything except zoom and pan. I'm still stuck with google maps in a browser which is less than ideal. I wish they would fix gmaps pro as it looks like an ok solution if they fixed the route for public trasnport and the position of street view which is always way off.
Feels like my struggle a few years ago when apple cut google maps away.

Tokyopav

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
yes, tried all of those and are all terrible or have no data for Japan. such a great phone with a massive gap in the maps area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa