The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-19-2017 11:28 AM
306 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Ebay. But it was not the correct mic in any event. When I put it in people I calked could not hear me. So I put the original mic back in and they could hear me again.
    So this has nothing to do with the ni sound on speaker phone or no sound in recorded video.
    Just trying to save you all from wasting your time here. The secondary mic which is the problem requires soldering skills and tools. But is probably not that difficult either.
    Is this the mic type? Do I need two of this?

Genuine Nokia Lumia 930 - 5140461
    02-14-2016 03:40 PM
    Yeah that looks like them, but make sure they are the exact ones. The mic I was sent via ebay was not the correct one. If I had soldered it only to realise it was wrong one I would have been pissed off.
    02-14-2016 07:38 PM
    Same issue with my 930 also...given to Microsoft people & got a new phone as replacement after 15 days...
    Good News: All the mics are working perfectly now.
    Bad News: Now Proximity Sensor is having issues & back to Service Centre very next day...they tried but in vain. Again sent to chennai...Now again have to wait for 15 days :-((
    02-16-2016 06:43 AM
    Is there an app that shows the motherboard revision number or identifier? Or when replacing the mobo, the IMEI changes?

I need to send my 930 to repair (microphone problem, what else) and I'll demand a new mobo, not just the microphones replacement...
    02-17-2016 04:35 AM
    Same issue with my 930 also...given to Microsoft people & got a new phone as replacement after 15 days...
    Good News: All the mics are working perfectly now.
    Bad News: Now Proximity Sensor is having issues & back to Service Centre very next day...they tried but in vain. Again sent to chennai...Now again have to wait for 15 days :-((
    I blame that stupid display assembly for that. They probably don't bother to replace the tape that's keeping the screen in place after initial disassembly.
    02-17-2016 05:43 AM
    Same problem with mine - have been putting up with it for a year, then after seeing this post I sent it off for repair under warranty. Went to Bulgaria !! Back in 9 days.
    Repair docket says they replaced the following:
    CARE UI ASSEMBLY SILVER (screen and surround I presume as the screen is new)
    MIC SMD OMNI HP Malcolm 4x3x1
    4DF VIBRA FLEX ASSY
    4DF HSJ FLEX ASSY
    DAUGHTER PWB GASKET
    MIC SMD OMNI HP Malcolm 4x3x1
    4NV MIMO COAX FLEX ASSY
    BACK COVER GASKET

Works like new now - YEAH !!!
    02-27-2016 08:53 AM
    Its working fine.. :D Just a few scratches on the sim tray and a few on the blackened area of the camera lens.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    02-27-2016 09:06 PM
    Wait did you try a hard reset by sitting there at the centre and did it pass the test that the people at the care did??? Mine passed but the sensor wasnt working did a hard reset while i was at the ms device care and that fixed it.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10
    02-27-2016 09:14 PM
    No i didnot do hard reset nor care people done...they just opened up whole phone and worked on it for around 1 hour but didnot find any solution & told me they have to send it again...now will call them tomorrow as 14 days have been passed
    02-28-2016 02:31 AM
    Use the Lumia Test Application application to find out if you are suffering from a hardware defect (broken mic).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...mia-930-a.html
    02-29-2016 07:13 AM
    Mine came back second time after another 15 days..all the mics & sensor working fine now...it is the same replacement phone that was given to me 15 days ago...i think they have changed or repaired the sensor only.

And yes, there is no default camera app in the list, they have removed it.
    03-02-2016 04:49 AM
    I have this problem for about 5 months, can u help me to recovery my phone, coz I cannot do it with a "Lumia Recovery tool's" or windows recovery, I think only Flash helps me, so how to flash my Lumia 930 to fix microphones problem? Only recording video with Lumia Camera and Hey Cortana works, nothing more..
    03-05-2016 02:52 PM
    there is also an issue with windows 10 on the 930,after installing it on my 930 i lost sound on video,people could'nt hear me on hands free,skype etc but hey cortana worked,i ran the lumia test application to see what it said about the mics,the test showed the second mic was working but the other mics were not, so as a test i installed lumia camera beta and switched on suround sound then took a video and now i have sound on video,so YES there is most definatly a problem with windows 10 it does not support all the mics on the 930 this is something that microsoft needs to address im sure it is a simple fix for them to do, how do they expect people to continue to buy windows phones if they don't address issues caused by there upgrades people will just loose faith in them,come on microsoft fix this issue
    03-07-2016 12:35 AM
    I have this problem for about 5 months, can u help me to recovery my phone, coz I cannot do it with a "Lumia Recovery tool's" or windows recovery, I think only Flash helps me, so how to flash my Lumia 930 to fix microphones problem? Only recording video with Lumia Camera and Hey Cortana works, nothing more..
    welcome to club....it's not software problem it's hardware....I've same problem...install windows 10 record video...playback recorded video using headphone if there is no sound 3 & 4 mic broken...if there is sound on left 3 working fine 4 broke...I just went trought all those.....I bought two mic which seller claims original..on board there are two mic which are situated above front and back those are 2 & 3...mostly 3 & 4 are culprit here...I taught 2 & 3 as 3 & 4 and changed both now I can hear sound on left but not on right means I changed 2 which is perfectly fine pheww where I repaired 3rd mic so I can hear sound on left headset...I can't find 4th one when I opened it...I guess I have to change flex mic hope it works now...
    03-07-2016 11:16 PM
    there is also an issue with windows 10 on the 930,after installing it on my 930 i lost sound on video,people could'nt hear me on hands free,skype etc but hey cortana worked,i ran the lumia test application to see what it said about the mics,the test showed the second mic was working but the other mics were not, so as a test i installed lumia camera beta and switched on suround sound then took a video and now i have sound on video,so YES there is most definatly a problem with windows 10 it does not support all the mics on the 930 this is something that microsoft needs to address im sure it is a simple fix for them to do, how do they expect people to continue to buy windows phones if they don't address issues caused by there upgrades people will just loose faith in them,come on microsoft fix this issue

welcome to club....it's not software problem it's hardware....I've same problem...install windows 10 record video...playback recorded video using headphone if there is no sound 3 & 4 mic broken...if there is sound on left 3 working fine 4 broke...I just went trought all those.....I bought two mic which seller claims original..on board there are two mic which are situated above front and back those are 2 & 3...mostly 3 & 4 are culprit here...I taught 2 & 3 as 3 & 4 and changed both now I can hear sound on left but not on right means I changed 2 which is perfectly fine pheww where I repaired 3rd mic so I can hear sound on left headset...I can't find 4th one when I opened it...I guess I have to change flex mic hope it works now...
    03-07-2016 11:16 PM
    if it was hardware my recorded video would not of had sound after installing lumia camera beta,so it is software related , NO SOUND ON VIDEO USING WINDOWS CAMERA ( WINDOWS 10), I HAVE SOUND ON VIDEO USING LUMIA CAMERA BETA, sorry for caps so it cant be hardware because if it was then i wouldn't get audio in video at all.
    windows 10 mobile obviously does not support all the mics on the 930 simples lol
    03-08-2016 12:40 AM
    if it was hardware my recorded video would not of had sound after installing lumia camera beta,so it is software related , NO SOUND ON VIDEO USING WINDOWS CAMERA ( WINDOWS 10), I HAVE SOUND ON VIDEO USING LUMIA CAMERA BETA, sorry for caps so it cant be hardware because if it was then i wouldn't get audio in video at all.
    windows 10 mobile obviously does not support all the mics on the 930 simples lol
    How about recording a video in vertical?
    Recording audio using an app like Perfect Recorder?
    Using speaker mode when calling?
    03-08-2016 07:36 AM
    I wanna thanks you Gourav Mopidevi, I have an another dead lumia 930, can I use these microphones on my another lumia 930 gold ? I want to know which microphones to change ? Also any tutorial how to do that ?
    03-10-2016 01:11 PM
    Alright there we go again! Thank you Nokia! My 2nd Nokia Lumia 930 has now been sent in for the EXACT same mic problems I had with my 1st one.

I'm done with Nokia - I'm done with Microsoft. Cheers!
    03-11-2016 03:43 AM
    @1Icarus2

"I'm done with Nokia - I'm done with Microsoft. Cheers!"

Unfortunately I came to the exact same point about 2 days ago with my 930 repeated mic and overheating issues.

I really wanted to love using Windows Mobile but it wasn't to be.

At least my desktop PC is still awesome with Windows 10 😊

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    03-11-2016 08:29 AM
    One more to the club, with mics 3 and 4 recording sound at incredibly low levels.
    Silly thing is that in WP8 I could still get sound when recording videos and virtually everything but when speaking on the loud-speaker.
    I guess that means that WP8.1 was using all the mics at the same time, or at least both of the rear ones, whereas W10 is only using the upper one (#3) which seems to be broken.
    I sure hope Microsoft updates their OS, or there is going to be a massive outrage of Lumia 930 users who may not still be aware of the microphone problems.
    Last edited by danielgr; 03-12-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    03-12-2016 03:34 AM
    One more to the club, with mics 3 and 4 recording sound at incredibly low levels.
    Silly thing is that in WP8 I could still get sound when recording videos and virtually everything but when speaking on the loud-speaker.
    I guess that means that WP8.1 was using all the mics at the same time, or at least both of the rear ones, whereas W10 is only using the upper one (#3) which seems to be broken.
    I sure hope Microsoft updates their OS, or there is going to be a massive outrage of Lumia 930 users who may not still be aware of the microphone problems.
    w10 using two mics one for right sound one for left sound :)
    there is nothing wrong with os :( if you want to know more, check my reply in this post..sorry I cant reply again and again :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post3419466
    03-14-2016 04:01 AM
    w10 using two mics one for right sound one for left sound :)
    Not as easy as that!

My understanding is that the 930 uses it's mics as an array and different apps use the mics in different ways, so that is why it 'looks' like a OS change etc fixes/breaks them.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post3430808
    03-14-2016 09:54 AM
    It's an hardware issue what I understand... The issue caused due to denim update.. Stupid Microsoft is not capable of fixing it.. We need to change the mic by giving it to service center or live with it or throw Lumia 930 and go for android or iPhone as many intelligent people did. We like dumb people praise that stupid MICROSOFT...
    03-14-2016 11:54 PM
    @1Icarus2

"I'm done with Nokia - I'm done with Microsoft. Cheers!"

Unfortunately I came to the exact same point about 2 days ago with my 930 repeated mic and overheating issues.

I really wanted to love using Windows Mobile but it wasn't to be.

At least my desktop PC is still awesome with Windows 10

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Yeah I have no problem with Microsoft when it comes to PC. I'm just tired of having to struggle with their Phones and the software on their phones.
    03-15-2016 06:39 AM
306 ... 89101112 ...