07-19-2017 11:28 AM
306 12345 ...
tools
    I realized I have the same problem. When I first had the phone, after denim, I'm pretty sure it was working :(
    08-10-2015 01:50 PM
    For sure I have the speaker phone problem, but I barely use that normally anyways. Gotta be a software issue as I used to use speaker phone without any real issue.
    08-10-2015 11:14 PM
    I've booked a pick up on Friday for my phone to be looked at by a care centre.

Has anyone used this service and can advise how long I'll likely be without a phone?

To add to the fun, I'm also based in Scotland and there isn't a care centre here!
    08-13-2015 07:11 AM
    my product support tool for store doesn't recognize my lumia 930 (rm-1045) it says "not supported" any clues?

edit: well, downgraded to nokia care suite and now it recognize it but can't put it in test mode, getting error "cannot locate proper test mode package for rm-1045 (from 0 available)"
    Last edited by ushodax; 08-13-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    08-13-2015 11:14 AM
    May I know how long does it take to fix the problem for your phone?

I sent my phone into service center here in Malaysia and they identified that it's board issue. After two weeks Microsoft still unable to give them an ETA for the replacement board and I was told that they have another two phones that had been waiting since May. This is not going to work for me.
    08-17-2015 10:03 AM
    When I had my motherboard exchanged it took them about 2 or 3 weeks to process it. Considering the fact that they told you that they have two units waiting for the same part for about 3 months I suggest requesting replacement unit.
    08-17-2015 12:32 PM
    I have the same problem here and I noticed that when I record a video in landscape mode the second mic works perfect !
    This is the only way the mic works. All the other ways like phone call in speaker, cortana ext does not work.
    That mean the problem is in software?
    08-18-2015 08:27 AM
    Yes, it must be. Nothings wrong when recording in landscape. Must be software problem.

Cmon. We need a fix. This was a flagship man!
    08-22-2015 12:52 AM
    I have almost the same problem. Holding the phone to my ear, I can make calls perfectly, but in freehand mode sound recording is extremely dim. Funnily, Cortana works even in freehand mode.
    08-25-2015 03:51 PM
    I have ave my phone up and running since I purchased on March this year, was a bit worried about all the bugs reported, two days after I got it the vibration rattle happened to me, and I was fingers crossed regarding the mic issue, just yesterday I noticed it started, so I am with you suffering the same mic problem.
    I'm pretty sure it was working before two days because I'm using the speaker phone nearly all the time in my work, I have no clue what to do, first step will try Googling, sad face.
    08-26-2015 01:54 PM
    Sir i face the same problem,when my Nokia lumia 930 speaker is switched on the person on the other side cannot hear me
    but i could hear him.My phone doesn't have an Indian warranty or an international warranty . i bought it from Dubai last April 2015.
    So how could i overcome this problem.Please give me a solution.
    Thanks and Regards
    Vinod Thomas
    15/09/2015
    09-15-2015 05:31 AM
    If you have Windows 10, does the problem remain?
    09-15-2015 07:02 AM
    Thanks for the heads up guys, just came back from holliday and put my media on my pc and guess what... all movies i made have no audio on the left side (recorded in landscape).
    Way togo Nokia/Microsoft. I'm an Android fanboy but wanted to try a Lumia phone and actually love the OS itself, app gap is not that big of an issue to me. But now there seems to be a lot of QC issues with this device.
    I''m sorry but im gonna jump ship back to my Note 4 and MSFT lost another customer sadly.
    09-16-2015 05:15 AM
    Does anybody from ANY kind of support even remotely connected to Microsoft/Nokia even read this...?
    09-17-2015 03:07 PM
    even if the hardware is broken there should be a way to divert another microphone for this use, there are 4 of them on the device right? when I record a video I hear myself. I'm not sure if it is stereo or not, but it's perfectly capable of getting some sound from somewhere. this is the only problem with this otherwise awesome device. Also the lack of a native gchat client.
    09-17-2015 03:57 PM
    Does anybody from ANY kind of support even remotely connected to Microsoft/Nokia even read this...?
    You're better off using MS support forum. Or even better - visiting Nokia Care Center and claiming warranty repair.
    09-18-2015 03:12 AM
    Alas, just to get the White Gold Version of 930, I got it imported from Hong Kong, it was not available in India. Now, I am stuck with two dead rear mics and no warranty. Talked unofficially to Nokia Service Center and they clearly told :-

There are two hardware design issues with Lumia 930.

1. The two mics on the rear fail after sometime due to grounding/shorting issue. Even after mic replacement it fails again after sometime, so no use in replacing them.
    2. The screen flickering on 2G / EDGE connection again is a design issue due to improper shielding of 2G Radio.

Nothing can be done about these issues, just learn to live with them.
    09-28-2015 10:54 PM
    I have the same microphone problem as other people here. My phone is still under warranty (11 months old), but I have a crack in my screen. Would the repair service not accept to repair the microphone problem because of the cracked screen? I'm really bothered about the mic problem as I Skype regularly, which is a pain now without the mic working when doing a videocall.
    10-03-2015 10:52 AM
    also happens to me, i cannot record voice message via LINE or Whatsapp or even onenote.
    Strangely it works fine with cortana and video recorder
    i just had my phone out of service center for ghost touch on my screen couple months ago
    LUMIA is like E.T. (it likes to go home)
    10-03-2015 05:51 PM
    Hi everybody!

My first post here. Just wanted to share my experience regarding the problems of the lumia 930 as described in this trade.

So, I had the same problem with my lumia 930. The second mic wasn’t functioning in all the ways already described. I sent it to the official Nokia/Microsoft care point in my country, the first time they changed the screen (the screen was lifted in one corner) and mic. The mic issue was still there. So I sent it back, and now I have to wait for a whole month (frustrating!) for the new motherboard.
    It seems that’s the only possible fix for the mic problem, a new motherboard…
    10-04-2015 11:34 AM
    Darn, seems my 930 has the problem when using the phone in speaker mode - other caller cannot hear anything i'm saying.

Cortana seems fine though. Not sure i can go without the phone for a long period of time if returned, may put up with it. Good to know UK Lumias have a 2 year warranty though, as mine is now 13 months old.
    10-14-2015 08:45 AM
    I am trying to find out of my L930 is affected with this issue aswell.

I loaded test tool and mic 1 & mic 2 work very nice, very loud. But mic 3 and mic 4 are a lot more quiet. They still work, but a lot more quiet. Does this mean my L930 is affected aswell? Mine was made in Vietnam, fyi.

btw, where exactly are mics located? I can see two on the back of the phone and one in front, right under microsoft logo, but where is 4th? and which numbers are for the mics? the ones on the back, are those 1-2 or 3-4 ?
    10-19-2015 02:18 AM
    I am trying to find out of my L930 is affected with this issue aswell.

I loaded test tool and mic 1 & mic 2 work very nice, very loud. But mic 3 and mic 4 are a lot more quiet. They still work, but a lot more quiet. Does this mean my L930 is affected aswell? Mine was made in Vietnam, fyi.

btw, where exactly are mics located? I can see two on the back of the phone and one in front, right under microsoft logo, but where is 4th? and which numbers are for the mics? the ones on the back, are those 1-2 or 3-4 ?
    Refer to this post for details:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post3161754
    vodda likes this.
    10-19-2015 02:53 AM
    Re.tested.

mic 4 is fine as long as I speak very near it. As said by Chomiq in his upper post, if this mic is for noise cancellation, maybe its quieter on purpose?

But the real diff is bewteen mic 2 and 3. While mic 2 level is normal when speaking from a distance, the level on mic 3 is much lower. But if I lean towards mic 3, the level is fine.

I wonder if this is design flaw caused by noise cancellation mic 4 and mic 3 shares the same circuit thus making it much more quiet when it should not be? and this indeed is SW issue, the SW should make it louder when needed, eg recording in dolby?

Cortana hears me nicely and voice recording works fine too (I guess they both use mic 1?). Cant test speaker mode during calls now, but will do later.

Chomiq, you said all your mic levels are the same, beside nr4, was that tested in OS by some app or using nokia care suite? Are you mics fine from the start or you had them replaced, how old is your phone?

fyi, latest WP10 OS running.
    10-19-2015 03:21 AM
    I used nokia care suit and plugged in headphones for tests to get stable output on audio. The only thing replaced in my unit was the mainboard, but that was separate issue, unrelated to microphones. Phone was originally purchased in December last year.
    vodda likes this.
    10-19-2015 07:25 AM
306 12345 ...