Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Urgh, I don't know what to do. Needs fixing because in the new year I'll be needing to use my phone on loud speaker (in the car) more frequently. So annoying!

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Urgh, I don't know what to do. Needs fixing because in the new year I'll be needing to use my phone on loud speaker (in the car) more frequently. So annoying!
Bluetooth headset. Folks on the other end will appreciate the better mic placement and reduced noise/echo vs. shouting at your phone. :)

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
That's an option but I'm already connected to my MS band and my car for music, I think mu battery would have a heart attack with another Bluetooth connection lol.

The only other option would be to upgrade my head unit to be able to make and receive calls through it instead of just being able to play music. Been thinking about that anyway as it would be handy for sat nav too. Just more ???

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the ms band so I can leave it in my pocket, I suppose I could plug it in but I also hate having wires that's why I use bluetooth not AUX. I'll just use it as an excuse to upgrade my head unit and treat myself hehe.

McBeukie

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My Phone was back from Bertelsmann and fixed. I thought. But now the powerbutton didn,t work . I try to power on the Phone. Had to press real hard and then he went in a loop ...on/off . So now the Phone is back again to CorsArvato Bertellsmann. its almost 4 weeks now..I bought myself a lumia 640 as backup Phone. So i can use my old lumia 920 for Spotify in home.
I must say the lumia 640 is a nice Phone for the price. It works verry well. Maybey i am going to sell te 930 when he comes back repaired!!

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My Phone was back from Bertelsmann and fixed. I thought. But now the powerbutton didn,t work . I try to power on the Phone. Had to press real hard and then he went in a loop ...on/off . So now the Phone is back again to CorsArvato Bertellsmann. its almost 4 weeks now.

Files shared from OneDrive http://1drv.ms/1UUYNoI. -still waiting for parts!!!

1 month since i gave it to the repair centre. I'll give a complaint at the end of this month if they are not going to return it. My spare phone also died. And they haven't given me a standby phone.

mayankcse10

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you given this for repair in India, backend team generally means Delhi/Mumbai. Could you let me know when you get your phone, and what was fixed. I have a HK imported phone, so would give it for repair at my cost, don't wan't to hear that the motherboard needs replacing.

McBeukie

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yess, Mine is back and working good now.All the mics are working with Windows 10 Mobile. So now I have a nice Lumai 640 test and backup phone and the Lumia 930 back as daily driver.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Yess, Mine is back and working good now.All the mics are working with Windows 10 Mobile. So now I have a nice Lumai 640 test and backup phone and the Lumia 930 back as daily driver.

How long did it take??? Mine still waiting for parts. Whenever i call them they say a reply as if they are bots "you will get it as soon as it comes back"

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Have you given this for repair in India, backend team generally means Delhi/Mumbai. Could you let me know when you get your phone, and what was fixed. I have a HK imported phone, so would give it for repair at my cost, don't wan't to hear that the motherboard needs replacing.
Yea i will let you know. I guess if you are paying they will repair in the local service centre . Only if you are repairing under warranty it'll be sent to Chennai. That is where mine is. I'm from Kerala. According to what I understood in warranty repairs will be sent to the main repair centre. But even they can't fix it after having received the phone 15 days back -_- something that frustrates me. Using my really age old 510 as spare. (the feel after using a 930) :/

aman

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
You say in win 8.1 you could record in mono. I thought mine was the same but then I noticed it was playing back in mono in the camera app but in stereo when I played video from the photos app. One thing is I enabled stereo recording in Lumia camera settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Vega625

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello, don't forget that flashing W10M brings only an OS update not a Firmware one.
By the way, it's seems to be SW & HW related, I know that several post tells otherwise, but from my side what doeus work:
1. Skype.
2. Video recording.
What that does not work:
1. Talk on loudspeaker.
2. Viber voice messages.
For now I think it's a HW deffect that can be corrected with a SW update (Firmware one of course)

Aleksei Khaltanov

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
iHave lumia 930. After update 10586.29/36.microphone work incorrect in:
1. whatsapp
2. video
3. telegram
4. voice records
Correct work:
1. calls
2. Skype! Wtf?
I think this is update bug(OS), or Firmware bug