Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Can Nokia or Microsoft give an answer . Is it hardware or software related with the 930. I think i will try to set the phone back to 8.1 .hope it works.

Well I'm dropping mine off for repair tomorrow. Its a widely known fault with these Lumias. I will report back after the fix.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Went back to W10 and the secondary mic doesn't work at all again. ?? I think personally it is a hardware and software issue. That W8 and W10 utilise the mics differently. Speaker phone works with neither but I get some audio in video recordings on W8, none in anything in W10.

Same for me, first attempt with W10 as i heard reports it was good enough to use daily. Yes, if you dont want to be able to record sound on vids. At least with 8,1 it coould record in mono......... Hey Cortana wouldnt work at all with 10, with 8,1 it would, if i shouted at it within an inch of my face.

What a balls up with this phone MS, wonder if they will treat the latest 'flagship' phones with such enthusiam..........

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm 14 months into owning the phone. First 12 you can send back to original shop for refund/replacement. After that its with the manufacturer ie MS. Just glad they give a 2yr warranty in the UK. Although I'm guessing sorting a repair will not be straight forward!

McBeukie

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My 930 is back to Nokia. I have 11months waranty .using my old 920 now . And its working fine with 10586 build ☺ .i am happy to have a backup phone.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My 930 is back to Nokia. I have 11months waranty .using my old 920 now . And its working fine with 10586 build ☺ .i am happy to have a backup phone.

How long did they tell you it will take. Going to contact the care here and ask tomorrow. :D . Worst part I don't have a backup phone :3

derdiedasAndy

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Glad my Lumia 930 was repaired by arvato bertelsmann germany. I think they switched the mainboard and mics. Everythink works fine on 8.1 an 10. So it is, for me, a hardware issue.

Thanks.:smile:

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Do we have to send our phone to nearest nokia service company or we can send it to wherever we want, like to "arvato bertelsmann Germany" who apparently will fix the phone.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. I tried to call the nearest care point. First accidently called a store they picked up soon and told that they only sell. Next called the care point number .. Tried 3 times they just don't pick up the phone. This is how good their after sale service is here. And the reason why i was holding back from giving it to them for repairs. But now what?

Update: They said they do have the spare after picking up the call the 7th tike I tried. I told its mic is damaged hope they fix it fast as they have spares available as they said

Update1:gave it to Microsoft device care. They said 14-20 working days.when they wrote report of the phone they wrote screen scratched. I'm pretty sure it isn't.ill attach a link here soon. The phone needs to be taken to Chennai. Hope i get it back without any damage or scratch on screen. When i asked representative about the report he showed me smudge on screen and told minute scratches are there over the touch keys. More updates coming.....

Trivandrum
India

Last edited:

1Icarus2

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
They have got to be joking right? There is not even a single scratch on that phone. It looks like you opened it from the box just now.

Also, my service provider contacted me today. I will be getting a new phone on Saturday... thinking of going back to iPhone.... :eck:

Last edited:

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
They have got to be joking right? There is not even a single scratch on that phone. It looks like you opened it from the box just now.

Also, my service provider contacted me today. I will be getting a new phone on Saturday... thinking of going back to iPhone.... :eck:

Hope they dont say it was already scratched as in report if it comes back scratched or something. A new 930 as replacement?

Btw these pics will serve as enough proof if it comes back scratched right?as this pic was taken 20-30 mins before it was given u can see that in the details of the pic .

Pierre Christen

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, today, I received my 930 after three weeks in repair. Good news is that the microphone now works again!

I had Windows 10 installed, but it came back with 8.1. So I tried the mike in 8.1, then did a couple of upgrades until the latest build (insider fast), and tried again the mike, all os well!

The repair order comes from Iqor/Microsoft, and there's no mention about replacing the motherboard. It only mentions replacements of a screw, of the black cover gasket, and "MIC SMD OMNI HP Malcom 4x3x1"

All done under warranty of course 😊

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, today, I received my 930 after three weeks in repair. Good news is that the microphone now works again!

I had Windows 10 installed, but it came back with 8.1. So I tried the mike in 8.1, then did a couple of upgrades until the latest build (insider fast), and tried again the mike, all os well!

The repair order comes from Iqor/Microsoft, and there's no mention about replacing the motherboard. It only mentions replacements of a screw, of the black cover gasket, and "MIC SMD OMNI HP Malcom 4x3x1"

All done under warranty of course 😊

Are you going to update to preview again?if u do do post about what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6