Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone

1Icarus2

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Also some good news from my side. My Service Provider replaced my phone. I have a brand new Nokia 930. Everything seems to be working perfectly.

I'll also do an upgrade to insider preview and keep everyone posted.

PsyOr

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
For who's got a replacement/fix - please try to make a video while phone is vertically and speak while recording.
Do you hear a sound or still have no sound when record video vertically?

I have a problem with the top speaker, which use while using speaker mode while call and while recording video vertical.
How do I contact Microsoft to use my warranty? (mail)

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Does this look scratched to anyone?? Files shared from OneDrive

http://1drv.ms/1MRlqoV

I had to deal with same thing in my first contact with Nokia Care. Phone was new out of the box "minor wear on body and screen" "What wear?!" "Well..." "Show me" "Ok, no wear". Phone came back with 2 scratches on screen and a scratch on back cover and aluminum frame. Their response "Those are minimal".

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I had to deal with same thing in my first contact with Nokia Care. Phone was new out of the box "minor wear on body and screen" "What wear?!" "Well..." "Show me" "Ok, no wear". Phone came back with 2 scratches on screen and a scratch on back cover and aluminum frame. Their response "Those are minimal".

Sp will there be any problem if it comes back scratched?like they already wrote scratched so if it comes back scratched will they not repair under warranty.? And idk what's gonna happen to the phone 1st thing it went to Chennai currently where there is a natural disaster of floods nd it has not yet reached the place. 7working days since i gave it.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
If they already wrote "scratched" they protect themselves from any claim that they're the ones that made the scratches. It does nothing to your claim about microphone issues.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
If they already wrote "scratched" they protect themselves from any claim that they're the ones that made the scratches. It does nothing to your claim about microphone issues.

Even if it comes with a big scratch and i show this picture?if the scratches are small I can live with them but if it comes back with a big one :/. I would totally make a prob there if they don't accept my claim. Becaus i asked the manager that day after the guy wrote this. He said it was minute scratches that it was written about. So i thought maybe it's possible because i did not have a screen protector on my father was there too.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Well IF it comes with a big *** scratch then you can argue with them and provide proof that they're the ones that made it. IF. Let's hope it won't, don't worry about it.

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
It looks that some phones have a mic problem. Sometimes the upper mics and sometimes the lower.
Some apps are affected depending which mic they use.
Jumping from one OS to the other (W8-W10) solves the problem for some users but starts the problem for others. It seems that some apps use different microphones on each OS.
There is for sure a hardware problem with the lower mic flex cable on most of the phones, that's why the market is full of mic parts.
There is a link below for these mics at Aliexpress for those who are not covered over warranty and are brave enough to replace them.
The second link is for the battery cover on different colors, some of them include NFR, Qi and flash

Shop lumia 930 microphone online - Buy lumia 930 microphone for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Shop nokia lumia 930 battery cover online Gallery - Buy nokia lumia 930 battery cover for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Admiral12

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Recently have noticed that my lumia 930 microphone cant record either when you want to record using whatsapp or skype. Can anyone help please

Pierre Christen

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
For who's got a replacement/fix - please try to make a video while phone is vertically and speak while recording.
Do you hear a sound or still have no sound when record video vertically?

I have a problem with the top speaker, which use while using speaker mode while call and while recording video vertical.
How do I contact Microsoft to use my warranty? (mail)

Hi, I tried, it works.

Douglas711

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the same microphone problem... luckily was under warranty, went back to the retail store and they sent my Nokia Lumia 930 for fix... replaced the second microphone and everything is working fine. :) i.e. Skype, WhatsApp, WeChat, video recording, etc.

You can refer to my posting and other discussion on this forum:
(sorry I currently am not able to post a reply with link, so you need to complete it yourself)
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/....
Title of the thread: Lumia 930 microphone not working

ankitmav87

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hii same issue here,Mic located on top front has issues during speakermode calls. Front side of Lumia 930 has omni-directional mics whereas rear side mics are multidirectional.During speakermode top front mic works to capture audio from coming from the top direction(keep the phone upside down the other person can hear you well),but as you speak near from the bottom of the device the lower front mic acts as noise cancellation type mic resulting in low sound level while in speaker mode.The software has messed up in front omni-directional mics.
Audio capture in recording videos is working falwlessly (indeed rich recording).Try using speakerfone mode keeping handset upside down,it works.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Did you get this sorted? I'm from the UK with EE, not sure who to contact but don't want to have to go without my phone for 3 weeks!

Trust me it will take longer. Tomorrow it will be three weeks since i gave mine. They started repair on 12th the return date was 16th . Frm the date of repair start it will take 7-10 more working days. :3 won't get it back before Christmas. Hope toatleast get it by new year. :|

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I was planning on sending mine in for repair now i have my 950XL and then selling it. But may as well just take it down to CEX for ?100. Guessing they won't test out the mic!

Not worth anymore on ebay which sucks!! Hate to think how much my XL has lost in the week i've had it..............

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs