Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I am going to send my 930 for repair this afternoon. Will be interesting to see if they can get it fixed.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I am going to send my 930 for repair this afternoon. Will be interesting to see if they can get it fixed.

Ok, my 930 is now sent away for repair, should normally take 10 workingdays they said. Lets see what happens. Got a Samsung S5 as a replacement phone until my 930 is back. I do not like android and this unit is not going to make me like it more, apps and settings everywhere and NO LIVETILES, no wireless charging, no doubletap to wake!!:unhappysweat:

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Called the care centre now. 5hrs after putting up the complaint and they said i will get it by Thursday.

Due to the complaint they called from ms main repair centre today and they told me its still waiting for parts and they have increased priority of my request for repair and i may get by first week of jan. -_- this is how they treat their flagship.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok, my 930 is now sent away for repair, should normally take 10 workingdays they said. Lets see what happens. Got a Samsung S5 as a replacement phone until my 930 is back. I do not like android and this unit is not going to make me like it more, apps and settings everywhere and NO LIVETILES, no wireless charging, no doubletap to wake!!:unhappysweat:

Tell them that it's a really good joke that they just said. First thing the parts needed for repair are not available here or why would my phone be waiting for the parts for about 3 weeks. Second my delivery date was 13-16 working days from he day I gave. :3 and see what happened to me? and yea the backup device ive got XD L510. :grincry:

Last edited:

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

You forgot about "no dead mic, no screen lift"...

Bibhu Prasad Das

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
lately i stared getting issues with the microphone of my new 2 months old lumia 930, everything was running smooth but one i found out that my microphone is not working, i mean the voice is very low even i speak very near to the mics. this issues persist with whatsapp, skype, calls on loudspeaker and video recording too, can anyone suggest me what to do ?

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll throw in my recent experience. I have a Lumia 930 I bought new in June. A few months in I lost speakerphone. Didn't really think much of it since I don't use it often. Updated to W10 and lost basically all recorded sound. Videos had no discernable volume, so I couldn't live with that. Contacted MS online. They said to talk to a W10 representative. So, just to be sure, I rolled back to 8.1. Now I have most of my recorded sound back, except for the speakerphone. Too bad...I want to use W10 but I can't deal with no sound in videos.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
i bought it in june too... after getting the phone i checked everything at the store itself it was in cyan everything was fine. updated it to denim after a few days. then after a few days again when i was usin speaker mode no sound.. i heard about no sounds being recorded in win10 and thats why i was forced to give for repair,now more than a month and the phones still waiting for parts. :/

Cezar-Andrei Pufu

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Any fix for the second mic yet? It`s weird. In Windows 8.1 it works to record videos but it won`t work to use on loudspeaker and when upgrading to Win 10 it stops working on video recording too. Seems to be a software problem rather than hardware.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Might do the same. Where you get it from? Also, you following a tutorial on how to replace or planning on making one?

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Got it on eBay from a vendor in the UK. It was like $9, and the ad specifically says it's Nokia brand. All the others say "Generic" brand. I plan to do a tutorial :)

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello, don't forget that flashing W10M brings only an OS update not a Firmware one.
By the way, it's seems to be SW & HW related, I know that several post tells otherwise, but from my side what doeus work:
1. Skype.
2. Video recording.
What that does not work:
1. Talk on loudspeaker.
2. Viber voice messages.
For now I think it's a HW deffect that can be corrected with a SW update (Firmware one of course)
Hopefully it should be corrected.... Since it is Microsoft they will not ... They will not
Be able to fix this.. And only way to fix this is by replacing the mic...since Microsoft is incapable of fixing this issue.. If that is the case they could have given firmware update earlier itself......

Tripplex PC-Tech

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I live in Jamaica so its very hard to get the smd mic to purchase. Gonna see if i can order it online and try to repair it myself. To those who are going to try and repair it themselves, I urge you to use jumper wires instead of trying to solder it back to the board. But definitely it seems the problem is the two top mics so you would have to replace them both, but i would start with replacing the back top one before the one on the other side then test it.

You can test it your self using the lumia camera app. You will realize the two top mics are very low when in landscape mode. N.B. phone must be in landscape mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99