Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Did any one buy the mic from etrade and did it work?

The only mic that is easy to replace is the primary mic that you speak into on a telephone call. The other secondary mic is at the top of the phone and is soldered onto the board. I replaced the primary one and it made no deference to the issue.

jeag888

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok guys, finally!!, mine couldn't be repaired under warranty, so they sent me a brand new 930.
In my experience if you have a device under warranty and they refuse to repair it (for me it was serviced three times, no solution) you should contact directly to tech support online and ask to open a formal claim, which was the only way it worked for me.
This is because MS Techs outside the U.S. are usually contractors, so they just do textbook tests and send you the device back. From what I see they don't even know the specifics about Lumias, in my case the issue had to do with Rich Recording and the 4 microphone array etc.
Loving my 930, everything seems fine and audio recording is now amazing as it should be!

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Where did you get it from?

Ebay. But it was not the correct mic in any event. When I put it in people I calked could not hear me. So I put the original mic back in and they could hear me again.
So this has nothing to do with the ni sound on speaker phone or no sound in recorded video.
Just trying to save you all from wasting your time here. The secondary mic which is the problem requires soldering skills and tools. But is probably not that difficult either.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Ebay. But it was not the correct mic in any event. When I put it in people I calked could not hear me. So I put the original mic back in and they could hear me again.
So this has nothing to do with the ni sound on speaker phone or no sound in recorded video.
Just trying to save you all from wasting your time here. The secondary mic which is the problem requires soldering skills and tools. But is probably not that difficult either.

Is this the mic type? Do I need two of this?

Genuine Nokia Lumia 930 - 5140461

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that looks like them, but make sure they are the exact ones. The mic I was sent via ebay was not the correct one. If I had soldered it only to realise it was wrong one I would have been pissed off.

kuldeep_kumar

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my 930 also...given to Microsoft people & got a new phone as replacement after 15 days...
Good News: All the mics are working perfectly now.
Bad News: Now Proximity Sensor is having issues & back to Service Centre very next day...they tried but in vain. Again sent to chennai...Now again have to wait for 15 days :-((

nmsv

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app that shows the motherboard revision number or identifier? Or when replacing the mobo, the IMEI changes?

I need to send my 930 to repair (microphone problem, what else) and I'll demand a new mobo, not just the microphones replacement...

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with my 930 also...given to Microsoft people & got a new phone as replacement after 15 days...
Good News: All the mics are working perfectly now.
Bad News: Now Proximity Sensor is having issues & back to Service Centre very next day...they tried but in vain. Again sent to chennai...Now again have to wait for 15 days :-((

I blame that stupid display assembly for that. They probably don't bother to replace the tape that's keeping the screen in place after initial disassembly.

Guy Greenwood

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with mine - have been putting up with it for a year, then after seeing this post I sent it off for repair under warranty. Went to Bulgaria !! Back in 9 days.
Repair docket says they replaced the following:
CARE UI ASSEMBLY SILVER (screen and surround I presume as the screen is new)
MIC SMD OMNI HP Malcolm 4x3x1
4DF VIBRA FLEX ASSY
4DF HSJ FLEX ASSY
DAUGHTER PWB GASKET
MIC SMD OMNI HP Malcolm 4x3x1
4NV MIMO COAX FLEX ASSY
BACK COVER GASKET

Works like new now - YEAH !!!:smile:

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Its working fine.. :D Just a few scratches on the sim tray and a few on the blackened area of the camera lens.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Wait did you try a hard reset by sitting there at the centre and did it pass the test that the people at the care did??? Mine passed but the sensor wasnt working did a hard reset while i was at the ms device care and that fixed it.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

kuldeep_kumar

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
No i didnot do hard reset nor care people done...they just opened up whole phone and worked on it for around 1 hour but didnot find any solution & told me they have to send it again...now will call them tomorrow as 14 days have been passed

kuldeep_kumar

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine came back second time after another 15 days..all the mics & sensor working fine now...it is the same replacement phone that was given to me 15 days ago...i think they have changed or repaired the sensor only.

And yes, there is no default camera app in the list, they have removed it.

Tonyss90

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem for about 5 months, can u help me to recovery my phone, coz I cannot do it with a "Lumia Recovery tool's" or windows recovery, I think only Flash helps me, so how to flash my Lumia 930 to fix microphones problem? Only recording video with Lumia Camera and Hey Cortana works, nothing more..

mighty haggis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
there is also an issue with windows 10 on the 930,after installing it on my 930 i lost sound on video,people could'nt hear me on hands free,skype etc but hey cortana worked,i ran the lumia test application to see what it said about the mics,the test showed the second mic was working but the other mics were not, so as a test i installed lumia camera beta and switched on suround sound then took a video and now i have sound on video,so YES there is most definatly a problem with windows 10 it does not support all the mics on the 930 this is something that microsoft needs to address im sure it is a simple fix for them to do, how do they expect people to continue to buy windows phones if they don't address issues caused by there upgrades people will just loose faith in them,come on microsoft fix this issue

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem for about 5 months, can u help me to recovery my phone, coz I cannot do it with a "Lumia Recovery tool's" or windows recovery, I think only Flash helps me, so how to flash my Lumia 930 to fix microphones problem? Only recording video with Lumia Camera and Hey Cortana works, nothing more..
welcome to club....it's not software problem it's hardware....I've same problem...install windows 10 record video...playback recorded video using headphone if there is no sound 3 & 4 mic broken...if there is sound on left 3 working fine 4 broke...I just went trought all those.....I bought two mic which seller claims original..on board there are two mic which are situated above front and back those are 2 & 3...mostly 3 & 4 are culprit here...I taught 2 & 3 as 3 & 4 and changed both now I can hear sound on left but not on right means I changed 2 which is perfectly fine pheww where I repaired 3rd mic so I can hear sound on left headset...I can't find 4th one when I opened it...I guess I have to change flex mic hope it works now...

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
there is also an issue with windows 10 on the 930,after installing it on my 930 i lost sound on video,people could'nt hear me on hands free,skype etc but hey cortana worked,i ran the lumia test application to see what it said about the mics,the test showed the second mic was working but the other mics were not, so as a test i installed lumia camera beta and switched on suround sound then took a video and now i have sound on video,so YES there is most definatly a problem with windows 10 it does not support all the mics on the 930 this is something that microsoft needs to address im sure it is a simple fix for them to do, how do they expect people to continue to buy windows phones if they don't address issues caused by there upgrades people will just loose faith in them,come on microsoft fix this issue

welcome to club....it's not software problem it's hardware....I've same problem...install windows 10 record video...playback recorded video using headphone if there is no sound 3 & 4 mic broken...if there is sound on left 3 working fine 4 broke...I just went trought all those.....I bought two mic which seller claims original..on board there are two mic which are situated above front and back those are 2 & 3...mostly 3 & 4 are culprit here...I taught 2 & 3 as 3 & 4 and changed both now I can hear sound on left but not on right means I changed 2 which is perfectly fine pheww where I repaired 3rd mic so I can hear sound on left headset...I can't find 4th one when I opened it...I guess I have to change flex mic hope it works now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786