Are 929 and 930 Hardware the same?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I was figuring if the dimensions and eveything are the same, a motherboard swap should work.

I have a 929 to use on AT&T, but I want MMS. So, I was thinking of buying a 930 with a shattered screen, and swapping the boards, so I can turn my 929 into an unlocked 930.

With Galaxy S3's, the boards are slightly different between carriers, so a board from an AT&T S3 won't fit into a Verizon body.

Just wondering if it's the same with Lumia.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Just thought of the following. The lcd/touch screen assembly should also be the same. So just switch them. So put the 929 screen on the 930. Should be easier.

And you get QI charging as a bonus.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that's what I'm thinking of doing. I've got 4 Icons at the moment. I wanted to keep one, but the MMS issue is a killer.

I think I am going to hold one back, and see if I can pick up a 930 with a broken screen for cheap, then swap things around. If that works, I'll have a 930. If it doesn't work, then I'll sell all of the Icons, and just pick up a 930 screen for the broken 930.

I used to buy/refurb/sell Android phones and tablets. Then, I fell into a Surface for cheap, and really liked it, so I shifted to Nokia phones. Have a 920 right now, but would really like to move to a 930, so I figured with all of these parts and phones hanging around, I might be able to Frankenstein together a 930 for cheap to keep.

The Icon is a very impressive piece of work and I can pretty much get all the Icons I care to buy. The 930 is hard to find right now wholesale in the US, so I'd probably have to go Ebay for a 930.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss