Hi
    New phone, just a few days old.
    The phone overheats when on wireless charge pad that came with the phone. This is a known issue apparently.
    Will there be an update that fixes this, or do I have to send phone back to amazon where I purchased it from?
    Thanks
    12-14-2014 08:12 PM
    Hello :) First of all congrats on the 930 (I personally think it's an awesome phone ).. AND welcome to our community

As you mentioned the heating issue on the 930 is a known problem, this might be fixed in a future update, but the question is, are you willing to live with the phone until that happens? and it might not even be fixed...

The 930 has had mixed reviews.. Some say that they have no heating issues at all.. So you could take a gamble and request a replacement.

I do have a few questions; you stated that the issue happens when using wireless charging. What about charging with the cable? and did you try a different wireless charger?
    12-14-2014 08:49 PM
    Hello
    I wasn't able to try a different charge pad, as I only have the one which came with the phone. I filled out the form for microsofts freeby wi-fi set but that hasn't arrived yet, otherwise the first thing I would have done would have been to try it on the freeby. I didn't notice the phone overheating when I charged it via usb cable.
    Regarding the 'tap to wake' function, Ive just tried putting the brightness setting onto high as you've suggested but it doesn't make a difference. I suspect that that overheating has messed things up.
    Ive decided that I cant live with this faulty product and have packaged it up to return back to amazon first thing in the morning. Im having serious problems understanding why Microsoft and amazon knowingly sell faulty products.
    12-14-2014 09:16 PM
    Hello
    I wasn't able to try a different charge pad, as I only have the one which came with the phone. I filled out the form for microsofts freeby wi-fi set but that hasn't arrived yet, otherwise the first thing I would have done would have been to try it on the freeby. I didn't notice the phone overheating when I charged it via usb cable.
    Regarding the 'tap to wake' function, Ive just tried putting the brightness setting onto high as you've suggested but it doesn't make a difference. I suspect that that overheating has messed things up.
    Ive decided that I cant live with this faulty product and have packaged it up to return back to amazon first thing in the morning. Im having serious problems understanding why Microsoft and amazon knowingly sell faulty products.
    It could be that Amazon shipped you a refurbished phone. Don't blame MS for this, because most phones sold on Amazon (unless you bought it from an AT&T page, off contract naturally) are from third party sellers. And it can be a 50/50 shot in that case. You did the right thing by returning it. Are you getting another 930?
    12-14-2014 10:45 PM
    It could be that Amazon shipped you a refurbished phone. Don't blame MS for this, because most phones sold on Amazon (unless you bought it from an AT&T page, off contract naturally) are from third party sellers. And it can be a 50/50 shot in that case. You did the right thing by returning it. Are you getting another 930?
    I would go with the refurbished phone argument, if there weren't so many Lumia 930s overheating. If it were a refurbished phone and the overheating was a result of the refurbishment, then I think sellers should obviously stop selling refurbished phones that are overheating. I tend to think that even if it were a refurbished phone, the phone probably overheated before refurbishment. Do you think that all overheating Lumia 930s have been refurbished? Back to Microsoft.....
    12-15-2014 12:11 AM