Honest opinion L930 or L925

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Why is everyone bashing the 930 ? Are you guys not satisfied with the phone ?
Should I not get it ? I gotta be sure, cause I'm gonna be stuck with it for 2 years.

Well...i was considering the 930 when i was evaluating what my next phone would be. I was quite favourably disposed to the 930 but there were two main issues that struck me. First that there is no Glance. I need this because i dont wear a watch. Second because I read about the battery life and heating issues. Now the second reason may have been pure hearsay but the first was undeniable. Plus the alternative was cheaper and quite a bit. So I opted for the 830 and I have not been disappointed.

Edit: Also I liked the fact that on the 830 I can slip in a MicroSD card and that the battery is replaceable though I have yet to find the battery on the open market and for that matter I have not found the Qii charging back cover either except in places like eBay.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying your 830 did NOT come with a Qi charging back ?

I've had all the talked about Lumia's and stayed with the 830 also. Perfect.
For me:
930:
- Heavy
- Very slippery
- Purple screen bleeding
- Bad battery life
- Ran hot with somewhat intensive app use.
And known before purchase, no SD card slot, no easily replaceable battery.

830:
- Thinnest Lumia
- Lighter than the 930
- Not slippery
- Great battery life
- Does not get hot
- No color bleeding issues
- SD card slot
- Replaceable battery

Side by side, the screen on my 830 looks just as good as the screen on the 930 I had for 2 weeks.
Speed wise, couldn't really tell much of a difference in real life use, spec difference be damned :)

Fred

Well...i was considering the 930 when i was evaluating what my next phone would be. I was quite favourably disposed to the 930 but there were two main issues that struck me. First that there is no Glance. I need this because i dont wear a watch. Second because I read about the battery life and heating issues. Now the second reason may have been pure hearsay but the first was undeniable. Plus the alternative was cheaper and quite a bit. So I opted for the 830 and I have not been disappointed.

Edit: Also I liked the fact that on the 830 I can slip in a MicroSD card and that the battery is replaceable though I have yet to find the battery on the open market and for that matter I have not found the Qii charging back cover either except in places like eBay.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I was considering the 830 at first. But I opted for the different carrier cause of financial reasons and they don't have the 830.
This is what the have.
bb3efcc94726302862a574a69b4c42f5.png

That is Serbian btw.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying your 830 did NOT come with a Qi charging back ?

I've had all the talked about Lumia's and stayed with the 830 also. Perfect.
For me:
930:
- Heavy
- Very slippery
- Purple screen bleeding
- Bad battery life
- Ran hot with somewhat intensive app use.
And known before purchase, no SD card slot, no easily replaceable battery.

830:
- Thinnest Lumia
- Lighter than the 930
- Not slippery
- Great battery life
- Does not get hot
- No color bleeding issues
- SD card slot
- Replaceable battery

Side by side, the screen on my 830 looks just as good as the screen on the 930 I had for 2 weeks.
Speed wise, couldn't really tell much of a difference in real life use, spec difference be damned :)

Fred

Sorry iI should have been clearer. I was looking for additional back covers and a spare battery. My 830 came with a Qi enabled back cover and the removable battery.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought 930 four months ago and have to say that phone is perfect! Right sized, beauty screen, battery life is decent especially after the latest PfD update. Internal memory is enough for me. Camera is great! I wouldn't change anything on it! Go ahead, you won't regret! :)
Hi, sorry to hijack your post. I have a L930 and haven't enabled the pfd yet. Will it make a significant difference to the battery if I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos