How do I get the Denim update for an unlocked Lumia 930 in Canada?

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
How to get the Denim update for an unlocked Lumia 930 in Canada

I bought an unlocked, "international" Lumia 930 from Amazon in October this year, 2014.

extras+info shows: Cyan is installed. Manufacturer Name: RM-1045_1044. Mobile Operator: 000-HK.

I use the phone in Canada on a contract with Telus.

Microsoft's Mobile North American support page does not show the Lumia 930. (and I definitely do not want to get involved with Verizon and its Icon.)

Can someone explain how I will be able to access this update once it is finally available for the 930? Thanks.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to get the Denim update for an unlocked Lumia 930 in Canada

First - you have the International Hong Kong (CV) Country Variant.

Since your phone was NOT carrier locked, you will be notified (alert in Activity Centre) that an update is available for your phone. This will coincide with Microsoft releasing the update for the HK CV of Lumia 930. It has (in your case) nothing to do with your carrier. You will then take an OTA update to your phone - don't forget to reboot, after your backup is restored to your phone (' ... almost there, it'll be worth the wait ... ')

If you go to SETTINGS >> Phone UPDATE, it may already be available !

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to get the Denim update for an unlocked Lumia 930 in Canada

The 930 will get the update :) Don't worry and have patience :) The roll out has not been made worldwide yet; just a few select countries and devices are getting it right now. Just keep following WC for the latest on that front

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven