12-09-2015 04:20 AM
486 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Does field test menu works for Finland rom for L930?
    12-21-2014 12:24 AM
    Hi,

I have the French country version of the 930. Can I safely flash the Finnish/Nordic country version on that phone or are they different in any way?

Thanks for your help.
    12-21-2014 12:54 PM
    Only one day with Denim Update, but that's my opinion until now.

- Better battery life. It's too early to say, but for this first day I noticed a huge improve on battery life (which was good enough for me since always). 12 hours without charge and I still have 66% here. 4G all the time, WiFi too, a lot of 4K videos, social networks and a lot of camera tests.
    - Rich Capture is HUGE. Really good feature. Take photography experience to another level! You can control the flash level or brightness, but looks like magic. Only seeing it working to understand!
    - 4k makes difference. The videos are much better now.
    - Where are the other options on Video Settings? At least we still have the old Lumia Camera Classic for it.
    - Now you just need to click on Camera Button to open Lumia Camera! Awesome! And you don't need to worry about accidentaly unlock the phone, because this function works together with luminosity sensor. So if your device is in the pocket, even if you push the camera button, nothing will gonna happens.
    - Lumia Camera is much faster to open and take shots. Really good job!
    - HDR works flawless and you have level controls! But I think Microsoft need to put HDR function in a separate feature, not on Rich Capture. Most of people probably will have problems to find where's this feature is.
    - The frames extracted from 4k videos have great quality!
    - Auto mode is much better! Specially on low light conditions. But not only!
    - Finally we have ISO below 100. ISO 64 can guarantee better shots on good light conditions.
    - DNG pictures are much better too! More crisp and better bright.
    - Lumia Camera (the new one) need to integrate with other apps. For now you can only share with Email App. Sucks a lot, hope they fix it!

That's it for now. Huge improvements with Denim.
    12-21-2014 07:01 PM
    There's a new feature called moment capture in which you hold the shutter button and it record a short 4k after you do that the smart shot mode options you missed will be there waiting for you.
    Even the face recognition ? It looks not after asking somebody else...
    12-21-2014 07:07 PM
    Can someone please put this in OP:
    Thanks! This worked.
    12-21-2014 07:30 PM
    Only one day with Denim Update, but that's my opinion until now.

- Better battery life. It's too early to say, but for this first day I noticed a huge improve on battery life (which was good enough for me since always). 12 hours without charge and I still have 66% here. 4G all the time, WiFi too, a lot of 4K videos, social networks and a lot of camera tests.
    - Rich Capture is HUGE. Really good feature. Take photography experience to another level! You can control the flash level or brightness, but looks like magic. Only seeing it working to understand!
    - 4k makes difference. The videos are much better now.
    - Where are the other options on Video Settings? At least we still have the old Lumia Camera Classic for it.
    - Now you just need to click on Camera Button to open Lumia Camera! Awesome! And you don't need to worry about accidentaly unlock the phone, because this function works together with luminosity sensor. So if your device is in the pocket, even if you push the camera button, nothing will gonna happens.
    - Lumia Camera is much faster to open and take shots. Really good job!
    - HDR works flawless and you have level controls! But I think Microsoft need to put HDR function in a separate feature, not on Rich Capture. Most of people probably will have problems to find where's this feature is.
    - The frames extracted from 4k videos have great quality!
    - Auto mode is much better! Specially on low light conditions. But not only!
    - Finally we have ISO below 100. ISO 64 can guarantee better shots on good light conditions.
    - DNG pictures are much better too! More crisp and better bright.
    - Lumia Camera (the new one) need to integrate with other apps. For now you can only share with Email App. Sucks a lot, hope they fix it!

That's it for now. Huge improvements with Denim.
    Did you notice a reduce in heat in the bottom right, if you had an issue before denim?
    12-21-2014 08:16 PM
    Anyone else notice that (on a Lumia 930) the 4K video recorded by long pressing in camera mode actually has a worse framerate than when you just set it in the video settings and record using the video mode? Weird :(
    12-22-2014 03:47 AM
    Indeed in 4k it is 24. In "normal" it is 30 fps. 4k is higher quality is more data is more work for the processor.
    And probably the 930 is "to slow" for 30 that's why it is set to 24. So not weird but logical.
    maverick786us likes this.
    12-22-2014 04:00 AM
    Because it's supposed to be Moment Capture and not video?
    12-22-2014 04:04 AM
    Indeed in 4k it is 24. In "normal" it is 30 fps. 4k is higher quality is more data is more work for the processor.
    And probably the 930 is "to slow" for 30 that's why it is set to 24. So not weird but logical.
    well I thought it was "weird" because in the "photo" settings under the option for "camera key long press" I chose "video". I guess my mind isn't logical enough to know "video" means "slightly lower frame rate than the OTHER video". And nowhere does it say "moment capture" bijak_ryandi.

Geeze. ask a question hey :P
    12-22-2014 06:16 AM
    And as an FYI; I just recorded a "video" using long press on the camera button, and I recorded a "normal" video.

Checked the file properties and lo and behold, BOTH of them are MP4 files at the same resolution (3840x2160). I still say its weird
    12-22-2014 06:21 AM
    I've flashed my 930 to get denim, and I played with it a little bit, but what I noticed in the new Lumia Camera app was that I could set video recording to 4K in 24/25 and even 30 frames! Didn't test if it worked and I don't have any proof because I rolled back to Cyan. Is there anybody who can confirm this for me? I already thought this was weird because even Microsoft themselves noted that 4K recording was 24fps...

EDIT: The official "how to install Lumia Denim" even shows all resolutions and fps and indeed 25 and 30 are available in 4K! Nice surprise, didn't thought Microsoft would make that happen. Can image phone heating up pretty fast though ;).
    12-22-2014 06:28 AM
    Has the rollout stopped for Christmas or are they continuing to add devices?
    12-22-2014 06:41 AM
    I'm curious about that too
    12-22-2014 08:00 AM
    I've flashed my 930 to get denim, and I played with it a little bit, but what I noticed in the new Lumia Camera app was that I could set video recording to 4K in 24/25 and even 30 frames! Didn't test if it worked and I don't have any proof because I rolled back to Cyan. Is there anybody who can confirm this for me? I already thought this was weird because even Microsoft themselves noted that 4K recording was 24fps...

EDIT: The official "how to install Lumia Denim" even shows all resolutions and fps and indeed 25 and 30 are available in 4K! Nice surprise, didn't thought Microsoft would make that happen. Can image phone heating up pretty fast though ;).
    If you read my post right above yours I confirm that, yes, you're can record 4k video at 30fps :)

And why did you roll back??? :/
    DenniSundaY likes this.
    12-22-2014 08:09 AM
    If you read my post right above yours I confirm that, yes, you're can record 4k video at 30fps :)

And why did you roll back??? :/
    De ROM wasn't optimized for the Dutch carriers (of course) because I flashed another country's rom, so I had to turn on Roaming for mobile data to work, and I also had that roaming triangle next to the signal bars, which I hate with all my heart. Also, Lumia Camera was a little bit buggy with live images (animation was really odd) and HDR settings with that flash thing weir doing weird too. The OS felt overall snappy but I thought by myself I could wait for another two weeks for the official OTA for my country ;).

Btw, you didn't post anything about 30fps (it wasn't obvious for me though) and you even did quote someone who explained why it isn't 30fps but just 24fps. But oh well... Happy to see it is confirmed though!
    Evindzer likes this.
    12-22-2014 08:25 AM
    I flashed my Dutch L930 to the Nordic ROM and updated to Denim. No issues for my carrier (T-Mobile) with data requiring roaming or anything.

Also did some 4K video testing, after a minute or two the phone really didn't get hot. I would call it warm at most, it gets a lot warmer to hot when you play some games like Asphalt. So I really don't think processor temperature will limit the 4K video recording to any specific length. But we will see.
    12-22-2014 08:42 AM
    I'm curious about that too
    They are keeping the rollout working.

Today morning there were 78 devices (branded and country variants) updated to denin, in europe. Now, 3PM GMT, there are 91. So 13 new product codes (variants) were updated today...

I'm still waiting for my Lumia 930 IT CV to be updated. Only 8 Lumias 930 are already ready to be updated in europe.

Check it here.
    12-22-2014 09:01 AM
    I flashed my Dutch L930 to the Nordic ROM and updated to Denim. No issues for my carrier (T-Mobile) with data requiring roaming or anything.

Also did some 4K video testing, after a minute or two the phone really didn't get hot. I would call it warm at most, it gets a lot warmer to hot when you play some games like Asphalt. So I really don't think processor temperature will limit the 4K video recording to any specific length. But we will see.
    Good to hear that!
    I thought I had the Nordic ROM too but after flashing it said Denmark, and my carrier is Telfort (which uses KPN network) so maybe that combination didn't work out. But even with other Dutch phones like a unbranded HTC 8X I had that Roaming problem with some WP OS releases (I even did get that 8X from Telfort with a plan so I guess the carrier is just weird :P).
    12-22-2014 09:06 AM
    Did you notice a reduce in heat in the bottom right, if you had an issue before denim?
    I don't had this problem, but I did noticed that is more cooler than before.

About heat issue, In a brazilian forum a lot of people were having this issue and a hard reset fixed it.
    Last edited by Rodrigo Mendes; 12-22-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    ByeVanno likes this.
    12-22-2014 09:24 AM
    One more thing about Denim. Hey Cortana works poorly. Great feature with huge issue. Hope MS fix it too.

Do you have Denim already? Because there's a 30FPS option on Video Settings even for 4K videos. But if you record with long press camera button, the video will have only 24fps.
    iyae likes this.
    12-22-2014 09:26 AM
    4K is in 30 FPS, you can clearly set it on Lumia Camera look : View image: wp ss 20141222 0001

There is no limit to 4K recording. Did 10 minutes and nothing stopped me. 4,3 GB thou have 10 minutes of 4K recording, which is alot for my L930 :-))

EDIT: One more evidence about 4K in 30 FPS View image: file info
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    12-22-2014 09:34 AM
    They are keeping the rollout working.

Today morning there were 78 devices (branded and country variants) updated to denin, in europe. Now, 3PM GMT, there are 91. So 13 new product codes (variants) were updated today...

I'm still waiting for my Lumia 930 IT CV to be updated. Only 8 Lumias 930 are already ready to be updated in europe.

Check it here.
    UPDATE:

192 device variants at 4PM GMT

No more Lumias 930... :(
    12-22-2014 10:05 AM
    Can someone with denim try to share Lumia Camera v5 URL? Or it dont' have share option?
    12-22-2014 10:43 AM
    Good to hear that!
    I thought I had the Nordic ROM too but after flashing it said Denmark, and my carrier is Telfort (which uses KPN network) so maybe that combination didn't work out. But even with other Dutch phones like a unbranded HTC 8X I had that Roaming problem with some WP OS releases (I even did get that 8X from Telfort with a plan so I guess the carrier is just weird :P).
    Yeah, Telfort is basically a virtual carrier with no network of it's own. Some phones/firmwares/APN profiles or whatever see this as roaming and will display it as such. It's been like that for years at least, used to get a bunch of questions about this when I worked in a Belcompany :P.
    12-22-2014 10:45 AM
486 ... 45678 ...