Lumia 930 Denim Thread

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

dont get excited about low level light shots they are worse than before

WHAT????
Ok if they ****ed up again i throw my 830 away. Srsly! Every update makes the Pictures worse! Portico got much nicer Pics. Now they just look processed, not very smooth.
What im seeing here: Smart shot not available anymore? WHY?! It was there before! Its like with Lumia Creative Studio: They got rid of red eye, collage, color effects, and all the good filters. They make an update and every gets worse. Or like Music Player, everyone knows that...

Where is the ******* point to add features and get rid of other features?!?!?! HELLO?!?!?

So im serious: Once again and i get rid of WP!

davidz0n

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else having issues trying to edit rich capture? When I open my photo and press "Edit Rich Capture", it just closes.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

dont get excited about low level light shots they are worse than before

I am finding this hard to believe.

According to this post, the night pics are way better.

I have denim here in Iceland and have been having some fun with the camera and here is what I can tell so far.

1. Waking up the camera when phone is in idle mode is way way faster than before
2.Taking pictures is also ALOT quicker I was really suprised how much faster it was.
3. Rich mode works like a charm
4. This one suprised me alot . I went out in the night to test the camera in "auto mode" to try out some "low light" shots. As we all know 930 was terrible in low light in "automode" that is but it's like black and white now. Auto mode pictures in the dark are way way way sharper than before .Just take the flash off. Also they put a new iso option from 64 now.

Overall I'm still exploring but the camera changes so far they are above all my expectations

And now we got the feeling that night pics are even worse.

Can someone post some low light comparison pics with pre-denim and post-denim update?

Pacou90

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

You want DENIM on your LUMIA 930 right NOW?!

Use one of the following PRODUCT CODES to download your ROM:

059W0X5: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BLACK
059W0X7: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_GRE
059W0X8: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_ORA
059W0X6: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV WHITE

Flash the ROM and update to DENIM.

Hello,

Are you sure if i flash my 930 with one of this code i will get Denim OTA if i'm not in this region code (France for me) ?

thank you

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Are you kidding me ?
This is Lumia camera on CYAN View attachment 91602
And this is it on Denim View attachment 91603

Si you can see that the SMART shot is gone ! Where is it now ?

In the picture showed above

There's a new feature called moment capture in which you hold the shutter button and it record a short 4k after you do that the smart shot mode options you missed will be there waiting for you.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

But moment capture is worse than smart cam for 830. Smart cam took photos in 8mpx, but moment capture on 830 is only in Full HD and that is about 2mpx.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

But moment capture is worse than smart cam for 830. Smart cam took photos in 8mpx, but moment capture on 830 is only in Full HD and that is about 2mpx.

That's doubtful, the 1520 takes 5MP photos, the 830 wont be better than that.

Tair Kurmangali

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Updated to Denim in Norway. Have a question for the ones who got updates as well. In Cyan, in idle mode (screen off) you could launch camera at long press to prevent accidental camera startup. Now it starts right away (very fast) even standard Camera application from Microsoft, is it a feature or I have a bug? The reason why I ask is that in photos+camera option it still has such settings as "Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone" and "Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked". And both of them are enabled for me. Some inconsistency I would say.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Updated to Denim in Norway. Have a question for the ones who got updates as well. In Cyan, in idle mode (screen off) you could launch camera at long press to prevent accidental camera startup. Now it starts right away (very fast) even standard Camera application from Microsoft, is it a feature or I have a bug? The reason why I ask is that in photos+camera option it still has such settings as "Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone" and "Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked". And both of them are enabled for me. Some inconsistency I would say.

No, it prevents accidental camera launches by using the proximity sensor/ambient light sensor to tell if the phone is in your pocket, it then won't launch the camera much how double tap to wake behaves when your phone is in your pocket.

Tair Kurmangali

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Okay, but what about long press? Before I had to do long press to launch camera from stadby, but not it fires instantly even though I have enabled option "Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone".

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

@dexxx87 : There you go View image: wp ss 20141219 0003
@Tair Kurmangali: Well you have to turn Camera first and then long press to shot sequence photo or fire a 4K video or take normal picture via short press. I've been trying to figure out how to fire from lockscreen - long press and it only starts camera, it does not take a picture right away, you have to press again. But in September they showed this in Berlin that you can only long press and take super fast picture without pressing button again, it's not working for me tho..

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

No, it prevents accidental camera launches by using the proximity sensor/ambient light sensor to tell if the phone is in your pocket, it then won't launch the camera much how double tap to wake behaves when your phone is in your pocket.

Not true. Just try it! Which you should have done before you post things like that...

Tair Kurmangali

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

I think you misunderstood me... What I want to say that it doesnt need a long press anymore to start a camera from standby. Simple button push and camera launches when phone is in standby and screen is off. Before Denim it was a long press trigger...

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

@Chirs_Germany: You should try waking up your phone via camera button while covering the proximity sensor :)

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

@Tair Kurmangali: Yes, i misunderstood. Right now it takes only short press to launch camera. Don't need long press anymore for starting cam.

user4545

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Still can't find HDR in it.
It's the magic wand Icon to the right.

Yes, this was stated in the Denim update. Only 2mp for 830. 8mp for 930.

Not true. Just try it! Which you should have done before you post things like that...
I can assure you that this is how it works now because I can't start the camera anymore from standby because of screen lift that breaks the proximity sensor function.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

Are you sure if i flash my 930 with one of this code i will get Denim OTA if i'm not in this region code (France for me) ?

thank you

I can confirm these codes work for Lumia 930 in the UK.

This is what I have done:
Nokia Care Suite - update everything first.
Then Via Data Manager thing - use any of the codes posted by John

"You want DENIM on your LUMIA 930 right NOW?!

Use one of the following PRODUCT CODES to download your ROM:

059W0X5: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BLACK
059W0X7: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_GRE
059W0X8: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_ORA
059W0X6: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV WHITE

Flash the ROM and update to DENIM."

Once you have downloaded this firmware, go to Multi Software Updater bit in Nokia Care Suite. DON'T CONNECT YOUR PHONE YET.

File - open product - find your RM-1045 (Lumia 930) and then go to recovery. You will see your downloaded firmware.

Turn your phone off - connect it with USB and be ready to hit start. BEFORE your phone connects, hit start. You will get an error, asking you to try a combo of key presses. Do that, your phone will buzz, HIT retry on screen and you will see red screen with NOKIA on it.

Let it do its thing. Set up your phone, check for updates, you will get language update first if you have chosen to be in a different language region. Then next one is Denim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750