Lumia 930 Denim Thread

arnark

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

dont get excited about low level light shots they are worse than before

On what medicine are you on? I don't want to sound mean but you must be trolling . The diffrence in AUTO-MODE that is very big . Even when I did manual with like iso-100 and 1sec shutter then automode , the automode was better at times which would never happen before . Get you fact straight you ... plz

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I think you misunderstood me... What I want to say that it doesnt need a long press anymore to start a camera from standby. Simple button push and camera launches when phone is in standby and screen is off. Before Denim it was a long press trigger...

This may probably be because of bad behaviour now if long press button is assigned to two task. If you read that post about Berlin - he is right. They showed pressing camera button was taking lots of pictures REALLY quick. This is true for Denim.

A simple press: Camera wake from lock screen.
Now a long press: Triggers smart cam - the app that takes plenty of photos.

They haven't really made camera fast. What they've done is assigned Lumia Smart Cam, a system access and long press camera button trigger to launch and do what it did best before denim. They HAD TO remove long press behaviour for camera launch because that is already assigned to the app. So now, press the key and camera launches. Long press (AFTER LAUNCHING CAMERA) and you take photos faster than fruity phones.

Joviall

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

anyone knows what's the code for Lumia 930 Black - Finland? gonna flash my phone to that ROM. i think 059W0X5 , 059W0X6 , 059W0X7 , 059W0X8 belong to finland, denmark & ...
but i dunno which one belongs to finland for black lumia 930.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Guys, I would be grateful if you could take a series of before/after shots in different scenarios.

Thanks in advance!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

anyone knows what's the code for Lumia 930 Black - Finland? gonna flash my phone to that ROM. i think 059W0X5 , 059W0X6 , 059W0X7 , 059W0X8 belong to finland, denmark & ...
but i dunno which one belongs to finland for black lumia 930.

From what I understand they are all one and the same thing.

Iina the Magnet

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

For what it's worth, my phone hasn't run hot anymore, it only warms up now. Purple and green hue is gone and battery life is much better on my average use. I have 49% left, where as usually I'd have to put it to charge already.

Haven't had time with the camera, plus truth be told, I'm not very good with it anyways. Someone who knows their stiff can fill you in with that.

The phone also feels incredibly snappy, it feels more optimized if I can say. I am really happy with this update, and even happier with the phone.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

For what it's worth, my phone hasn't run hot anymore, it only warms up now. Purple and green hue is gone and battery life is much better on my average use. I have 49% left, where as usually I'd have to put it to charge already.

Haven't had time with the camera, plus truth be told, I'm not very good with it anyways. Someone who knows their stiff can fill you in with that.

The phone also feels incredibly snappy, it feels more optimized if I can say. I am really happy with this update, and even happier with the phone.

I can +930 this.

Also, camera is a pleasure to use now! Love it for casual use.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I didn't receive Denim yet, I have a 930 CV in The Netherlands. Hope to receive it before new years eve so I can record the fireworks in 4K, but I'm afraid that The Netherlands is one of the countries that won't receive Denim until January (the wider roll out)...

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Seems there is hope for my 930. I cant wait for this update now

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I didn't receive Denim yet, I have a 930 CV in The Netherlands. Hope to receive it before new years eve so I can record the fireworks in 4K, but I'm afraid that The Netherlands is one of the countries that won't receive Denim until January (the wider roll out)...

I don't think you can record in 4K for the duration of a firework. Its more like 1-2 minutes and then the phone gets too hot and while stop recording. That's what I heared.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't think you can record in 4K for the duration of a firework. Its more like 1-2 minutes and then the phone gets too hot and while stop recording. That's what I heared.

Then I will make videos of one minute each, didn't plan to record for longer than a few minutes though. I was more thinking of moment capture so I could save single shots. But I have to receive Denim first if I even will be able to do this ;).

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

On what medicine are you on? I don't want to sound mean but you must be trolling . The diffrence in AUTO-MODE that is very big . Even when I did manual with like iso-100 and 1sec shutter then automode , the automode was better at times which would never happen before . Get you fact straight you ... plz

Great news!!

I'm waiting for Denim since I buy this phone and hope that brings better JPEG processing too. For now the pics are too washed out! Looks like 930 or 1520 have scratched lenses or something. Not always, of course, but happens a lot.

Hope Denim bring to us a much better postprocessing.

ps; Are you a photographer? Do you take DNG pictures too?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Not true. Just try it! Which you should have done before you post things like that...
Well at some point it was true, I've taken over 10000 pictures with lumia phones and I know this, but if it doesn't work as intended now is OK, perhaps it's just a bug since this is an obscure feature

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Can't wait to get rid of this ugly hue!

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

can someone upload video about new camera features with their updated 930 with denim,no videos on youtube other than the Lumia IFA event earlier this year or people just showing the extras +info showing that they have Denim but no actual video of the new features on their phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb