Lumia 930 Denim Thread

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

Hi,

I have the French country version of the 930. Can I safely flash the Finnish/Nordic country version on that phone or are they different in any way?

Thanks for your help.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Only one day with Denim Update, but that's my opinion until now.

- Better battery life. It's too early to say, but for this first day I noticed a huge improve on battery life (which was good enough for me since always). 12 hours without charge and I still have 66% here. 4G all the time, WiFi too, a lot of 4K videos, social networks and a lot of camera tests.
- Rich Capture is HUGE. Really good feature. Take photography experience to another level! You can control the flash level or brightness, but looks like magic. Only seeing it working to understand!
- 4k makes difference. The videos are much better now.
- Where are the other options on Video Settings? At least we still have the old Lumia Camera Classic for it.
- Now you just need to click on Camera Button to open Lumia Camera! Awesome! And you don't need to worry about accidentaly unlock the phone, because this function works together with luminosity sensor. So if your device is in the pocket, even if you push the camera button, nothing will gonna happens.
- Lumia Camera is much faster to open and take shots. Really good job!
- HDR works flawless and you have level controls! But I think Microsoft need to put HDR function in a separate feature, not on Rich Capture. Most of people probably will have problems to find where's this feature is.
- The frames extracted from 4k videos have great quality!
- Auto mode is much better! Specially on low light conditions. But not only!
- Finally we have ISO below 100. ISO 64 can guarantee better shots on good light conditions.
- DNG pictures are much better too! More crisp and better bright.
- Lumia Camera (the new one) need to integrate with other apps. For now you can only share with Email App. Sucks a lot, hope they fix it!

That's it for now. Huge improvements with Denim.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

There's a new feature called moment capture in which you hold the shutter button and it record a short 4k after you do that the smart shot mode options you missed will be there waiting for you.

Even the face recognition ? It looks not after asking somebody else...

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Only one day with Denim Update, but that's my opinion until now.

- Better battery life. It's too early to say, but for this first day I noticed a huge improve on battery life (which was good enough for me since always). 12 hours without charge and I still have 66% here. 4G all the time, WiFi too, a lot of 4K videos, social networks and a lot of camera tests.
- Rich Capture is HUGE. Really good feature. Take photography experience to another level! You can control the flash level or brightness, but looks like magic. Only seeing it working to understand!
- 4k makes difference. The videos are much better now.
- Where are the other options on Video Settings? At least we still have the old Lumia Camera Classic for it.
- Now you just need to click on Camera Button to open Lumia Camera! Awesome! And you don't need to worry about accidentaly unlock the phone, because this function works together with luminosity sensor. So if your device is in the pocket, even if you push the camera button, nothing will gonna happens.
- Lumia Camera is much faster to open and take shots. Really good job!
- HDR works flawless and you have level controls! But I think Microsoft need to put HDR function in a separate feature, not on Rich Capture. Most of people probably will have problems to find where's this feature is.
- The frames extracted from 4k videos have great quality!
- Auto mode is much better! Specially on low light conditions. But not only!
- Finally we have ISO below 100. ISO 64 can guarantee better shots on good light conditions.
- DNG pictures are much better too! More crisp and better bright.
- Lumia Camera (the new one) need to integrate with other apps. For now you can only share with Email App. Sucks a lot, hope they fix it!

That's it for now. Huge improvements with Denim.
Did you notice a reduce in heat in the bottom right, if you had an issue before denim?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else notice that (on a Lumia 930) the 4K video recorded by long pressing in camera mode actually has a worse framerate than when you just set it in the video settings and record using the video mode? Weird :(

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed in 4k it is 24. In "normal" it is 30 fps. 4k is higher quality is more data is more work for the processor.
And probably the 930 is "to slow" for 30 that's why it is set to 24. So not weird but logical.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Indeed in 4k it is 24. In "normal" it is 30 fps. 4k is higher quality is more data is more work for the processor.
And probably the 930 is "to slow" for 30 that's why it is set to 24. So not weird but logical.

well I thought it was "weird" because in the "photo" settings under the option for "camera key long press" I chose "video". I guess my mind isn't logical enough to know "video" means "slightly lower frame rate than the OTHER video". And nowhere does it say "moment capture" bijak_ryandi.

Geeze. ask a question hey :p

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

And as an FYI; I just recorded a "video" using long press on the camera button, and I recorded a "normal" video.

Checked the file properties and lo and behold, BOTH of them are MP4 files at the same resolution (3840x2160). I still say its weird

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I've flashed my 930 to get denim, and I played with it a little bit, but what I noticed in the new Lumia Camera app was that I could set video recording to 4K in 24/25 and even 30 frames! Didn't test if it worked and I don't have any proof because I rolled back to Cyan. Is there anybody who can confirm this for me? I already thought this was weird because even Microsoft themselves noted that 4K recording was 24fps...

EDIT: The official "how to install Lumia Denim" even shows all resolutions and fps and indeed 25 and 30 are available in 4K! Nice surprise, didn't thought Microsoft would make that happen. Can image phone heating up pretty fast though ;).

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Denim for 930 is here.

I've flashed my 930 to get denim, and I played with it a little bit, but what I noticed in the new Lumia Camera app was that I could set video recording to 4K in 24/25 and even 30 frames! Didn't test if it worked and I don't have any proof because I rolled back to Cyan. Is there anybody who can confirm this for me? I already thought this was weird because even Microsoft themselves noted that 4K recording was 24fps...

EDIT: The official "how to install Lumia Denim" even shows all resolutions and fps and indeed 25 and 30 are available in 4K! Nice surprise, didn't thought Microsoft would make that happen. Can image phone heating up pretty fast though ;).

If you read my post right above yours I confirm that, yes, you're can record 4k video at 30fps :)

And why did you roll back??? :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb