Lumia 930 Denim Thread

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If you read my post right above yours I confirm that, yes, you're can record 4k video at 30fps :)

And why did you roll back??? :/

De ROM wasn't optimized for the Dutch carriers (of course) because I flashed another country's rom, so I had to turn on Roaming for mobile data to work, and I also had that roaming triangle next to the signal bars, which I hate with all my heart. Also, Lumia Camera was a little bit buggy with live images (animation was really odd) and HDR settings with that flash thing weir doing weird too. The OS felt overall snappy but I thought by myself I could wait for another two weeks for the official OTA for my country ;).

Btw, you didn't post anything about 30fps (it wasn't obvious for me though) and you even did quote someone who explained why it isn't 30fps but just 24fps. But oh well... Happy to see it is confirmed though!

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

I flashed my Dutch L930 to the Nordic ROM and updated to Denim. No issues for my carrier (T-Mobile) with data requiring roaming or anything.

Also did some 4K video testing, after a minute or two the phone really didn't get hot. I would call it warm at most, it gets a lot warmer to hot when you play some games like Asphalt. So I really don't think processor temperature will limit the 4K video recording to any specific length. But we will see.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Has the rollout stopped for Christmas or are they continuing to add devices?

I'm curious about that too

They are keeping the rollout working.

Today morning there were 78 devices (branded and country variants) updated to denin, in europe. Now, 3PM GMT, there are 91. So 13 new product codes (variants) were updated today...

I'm still waiting for my Lumia 930 IT CV to be updated. Only 8 Lumias 930 are already ready to be updated in europe.

Check it here.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I flashed my Dutch L930 to the Nordic ROM and updated to Denim. No issues for my carrier (T-Mobile) with data requiring roaming or anything.

Also did some 4K video testing, after a minute or two the phone really didn't get hot. I would call it warm at most, it gets a lot warmer to hot when you play some games like Asphalt. So I really don't think processor temperature will limit the 4K video recording to any specific length. But we will see.

Good to hear that!
I thought I had the Nordic ROM too but after flashing it said Denmark, and my carrier is Telfort (which uses KPN network) so maybe that combination didn't work out. But even with other Dutch phones like a unbranded HTC 8X I had that Roaming problem with some WP OS releases (I even did get that 8X from Telfort with a plan so I guess the carrier is just weird :p).

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Did you notice a reduce in heat in the bottom right, if you had an issue before denim?

I don't had this problem, but I did noticed that is more cooler than before.

About heat issue, In a brazilian forum a lot of people were having this issue and a hard reset fixed it.

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

One more thing about Denim. Hey Cortana works poorly. Great feature with huge issue. Hope MS fix it too.

Indeed in 4k it is 24. In "normal" it is 30 fps. 4k is higher quality is more data is more work for the processor.
And probably the 930 is "to slow" for 30 that's why it is set to 24. So not weird but logical.

Do you have Denim already? Because there's a 30FPS option on Video Settings even for 4K videos. But if you record with long press camera button, the video will have only 24fps.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

They are keeping the rollout working.

Today morning there were 78 devices (branded and country variants) updated to denin, in europe. Now, 3PM GMT, there are 91. So 13 new product codes (variants) were updated today...

I'm still waiting for my Lumia 930 IT CV to be updated. Only 8 Lumias 930 are already ready to be updated in europe.

Check it here.

UPDATE:

192 device variants at 4PM GMT

No more Lumias 930... :(

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

Good to hear that!
I thought I had the Nordic ROM too but after flashing it said Denmark, and my carrier is Telfort (which uses KPN network) so maybe that combination didn't work out. But even with other Dutch phones like a unbranded HTC 8X I had that Roaming problem with some WP OS releases (I even did get that 8X from Telfort with a plan so I guess the carrier is just weird :p).
Yeah, Telfort is basically a virtual carrier with no network of it's own. Some phones/firmwares/APN profiles or whatever see this as roaming and will display it as such. It's been like that for years at least, used to get a bunch of questions about this when I worked in a Belcompany :p.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, Telfort is basically a virtual carrier with no network of it's own. Some phones/firmwares/APN profiles or whatever see this as roaming and will display it as such. It's been like that for years at least, used to get a bunch of questions about this when I worked in a Belcompany :p.

Aha that is exactly what I figured. What Telfort does is basically Roaming so no wonder that un-optimized phones need roaming enabled. I was even wondered that my 930 was optimized for Telfort! Hadn't had the problem on my 920 too because it was from KPN :p

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Not possible to share Lumia Camera on DENIM FW. But can be uninstalled. Weird.

Another weird thing is that "generic MS camera app" is out of app list. But can be selected to long camera button press via Gallery.

mjohnson0584

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Can anyone point to a simple tutorial to flash my Lumia 930 to get Denim? I saw the one on xda but am confused with the post by the non-English speaker (he's trying to help but I find it difficult)

I have Lumia 930 Carrier: CV GBIE that is currently on T-Mobile USA. I am not sure if it will ever receive black given the 930 is not a US phone. Can someone point out what's the best way to get Denim?

Thanks.

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I have a unlock L930 and I haven't receive the Denim update, I don't know were I can find the region of my phone, were I can find that? Thanks

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Unless someone has any last minute info... it doesnt look like the UK (CV GB) are getting Denim before xmas day.. oh well :(.

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

thanks a lot for the info, I think mine is from Hong Kong because the mobile operator is 000-HK and no Denim for me yet.

Ittipol Thirasat

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

What about "Hey, Cortana" limitation with passcode lockscreen? On Lumia Cyan I have to enter passcode on most of command. Did it still the same on Lumia Denim?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

De ROM wasn't optimized for the Dutch carriers (of course) because I flashed another country's rom, so I had to turn on Roaming for mobile data to work, and I also had that roaming triangle next to the signal bars, which I hate with all my heart. Also, Lumia Camera was a little bit buggy with live images (animation was really odd) and HDR settings with that flash thing weir doing weird too. The OS felt overall snappy but I thought by myself I could wait for another two weeks for the official OTA for my country ;).

Btw, you didn't post anything about 30fps (it wasn't obvious for me though) and you even did quote someone who explained why it isn't 30fps but just 24fps. But oh well... Happy to see it is confirmed though!

Yes and his reply was in regards to my initial post where i pointed out that under "video" it shoots 4K in 30fps, but if i long press the camera button in camera mode, it only records it in 24fps :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs