Lumia 930 Denim Thread

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Denim for 930 is here.

I can confirm these codes work for Lumia 930 in the UK.

This is what I have done:
Nokia Care Suite - update everything first.
Then Via Data Manager thing - use any of the codes posted by John

"You want DENIM on your LUMIA 930 right NOW?!

Use one of the following PRODUCT CODES to download your ROM:

059W0X5: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BLACK
059W0X7: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_GRE
059W0X8: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BR_ORA
059W0X6: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV WHITE

Flash the ROM and update to DENIM."

Once you have downloaded this firmware, go to Multi Software Updater bit in Nokia Care Suite. DON'T CONNECT YOUR PHONE YET.

File - open product - find your RM-1045 (Lumia 930) and then go to recovery. You will see your downloaded firmware.

Turn your phone off - connect it with USB and be ready to hit start. BEFORE your phone connects, hit start. You will get an error, asking you to try a combo of key presses. Do that, your phone will buzz, HIT retry on screen and you will see red screen with NOKIA on it.

Let it do its thing. Set up your phone, check for updates, you will get language update first if you have chosen to be in a different language region. Then next one is Denim.

I downloaded the firmware for product number 059W0X6 but cannot seem to set the phone in recovery mode. It ALWAYS starts too fast. I tried several times to follow you instructions (Turn your phone off - connect it with USB and be ready to hit start. BEFORE your phone connects, hit start. You will get an error, asking you to try a combo of key presses. Do that, your phone will buzz, HIT retry on screen and you will see red screen with NOKIA on it.) bu to no avail.

Any advice to get the phone in recovery mode?

Thanks!

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded the firmware for product number 059W0X6 but cannot seem to set the phone in recovery mode. It ALWAYS starts too fast. I tried several times to follow you instructions (Turn your phone off - connect it with USB and be ready to hit start. BEFORE your phone connects, hit start. You will get an error, asking you to try a combo of key presses. Do that, your phone will buzz, HIT retry on screen and you will see red screen with NOKIA on it.) bu to no avail.

Any advice to get the phone in recovery mode?

Thanks!

Theres a knack to it friend.. as long as you hold down volume Down + Power, it will continue to keep rebooting.. so..

Dont press any buttons, just plug charger cable in.. let it viba.. then just press Vol Dwn + Pwer.. hold them down till it Vibra again then just click "retry"

t can take upto 1 minute to start flashing.. so once you click retry, just leave it and wait......

Dont worry youll get it.

Hope that helps

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Theres a knack to it friend.. as long as you hold down volume Down + Power, it will continue to keep rebooting.. so..

Dont press any buttons, just plug charger cable in.. let it viba.. then just press Vol Dwn + Pwer.. hold them down till it Vibra again then just click "retry"

t can take upto 1 minute to start flashing.. so once you click retry, just leave it and wait......

Dont worry youll get it.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your reply!

I finally managed to flash the Danish OS and managed to upgrade to Denim.

I will explore the improvements and review my experience in a couple of days.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your reply!

I finally managed to flash the Danish OS and managed to upgrade to Denim.

I will explore the improvements and review my experience in a couple of days.

Glad to hear you got sorted friend.. took me about 25 tries to get it right.. haha.. had me up the wall :)).

I did try Denim, but Ive gone back to GB Cyan.. Im not that impresed:

- Ok, "Hey Cortana" may not be able to process my British accent.. you shouldve heard me trying to do American.. hehe... it was funny, but i tried it.. and in the end, I turned the "Hey Cotana" off, so Im not sure if its me.. or its not that great yet (IM not sure if its still Beta).

- The Camera.. again.. not that impressed.. still abit noisy, plus the edges of the screen are concaved (I know wide angle lenses tend to give a fish bowl effect towards the edges), but It wasnt great.

My Family in the Hotel on Xmas day..

16MP on Auto

family.jpg

Also still get the purple/blueish tint in lowlight.

Sorry MS, but for me Denim wasnt great :). Thinking of picking up a 1520.. but im not sure

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

- The Camera.. again.. not that impressed.. still abit noisy, plus the edges of the screen are concaved (I know wide angle lenses tend to give a fish bowl effect towards the edges), but It wasnt great.

Clearly you've not looked right, maybe too much rest alcohol from xmas? There is a very clear improvement with Denim - good news for you is with your post you have achieved "troll" status :).

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

- good news for you is with your post you have achieved "troll" status :).

Finally, A troll at last.. Wow. Hahaha.. oh some people really make me laugh and its xmas so why not eh :). Anyway, youll be glad to know young sir, that I Traded my 930 for a BNIB 1520 and only ended up paying ?80, so ill be on the 1520 forum from now on.

Hahaha... but xmas joking aside folks, i personnally wasnt happy with the 930 and I tried about 3 of them in total.. plus I do prefer the bigger screen anyway for movies. However a Lumia is a Lumia so ill be around :), but I hope you guys love Denim.. especially you Dicks-webos.. hehe :)

Ahh share the love, come on Share the Love.... hehe :)

tooly26

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Nice that you are happy now with your 1520 :) I'm happy with my 930 and without denim update till now.
So the update will make me happier :) the market is big enough so everybody can find the right thing. :D
gEtApATaLkEd

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Nice that you are happy now with your 1520 :) I'm happy with my 930 and without denim update till now.
So the update will make me happier :) the market is big enough so everybody can find the right thing. :D
gEtApATaLkEd

Exactly and for me , the 930 was not quite my device, although I tried to like it :)... but Im glad you guys like the 930 Denim... Anyway, I hope the above post doesnt affect this thread.. its an interesting thread, and ill be here :)

So moving swiftly on and back on topic.... :)

Is "Hey Cortana" still in Beta? is that why she wouldnt respond?

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Glad to hear you got sorted friend.. took me about 25 tries to get it right.. haha.. had me up the wall :)).

- Ok, "Hey Cortana" may not be able to process my British accent.. you shouldve heard me trying to do American.. hehe... it was funny, but i tried it.. and in the end, I turned the "Hey Cotana" off, so Im not sure if its me.. or its not that great yet (IM not sure if its still Beta).

My Family in the Hotel on Xmas day..

16MP on Auto

View attachment 92385

Sorry MS, but for me Denim wasnt great :). Thinking of picking up a 1520.. but im not sure

Wow! It is a very good picture, very very good. Denim is all about camera and for now it is much better than before. It's impossible to compare, the difference is really huge.

930 and 1520 have exaclty the same camera and same algorithms for camera.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It's been 2 days since I installed Denim on my 930 by flashing it with the 059W0X6 product code. Here's my review so far:

-The new Lumia camera app is a speed monster now. From stand by or lock-screen to the camera app around 1 second vs 6 seconds on Cyan. Shot to shot times are also way faster than before, similar to the speed of the Iphone. Focusing speed seems also a bit faster compared to Cyan.
- Less loading screens and the phone seems a bit more responsive but this could be just placebo as it's too hard to measure objectively.
- Rich capture works as intended. Watch this video for details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYeWjRzDWM

Overall, I couldn't be happier with Denim and I'm glad I flashed my phone to get it. :wink:

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

OK, a week after flashing my Hong Kong variant to Euro 059W0X7 and updating to Denim, I noticed Hong Kong has still not changed from Cyan, so I'm glad I did the flash.
Camera 5 is phenomenal.
Only bug is screen rotation seems very slow..

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Don't forget denim also brings Bluetooth keyboard and mouse profiles as well as plug in keyboard (sadly no USB drive support yet).

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Are guys having the "resuming" screen? In first days I don't have, but now it just looks like a low end device =/ I'm trying hard reset for now, but the same happens when I installed the last Preview for Developers.

Anyway, I'm receiving now a update after Denim. Anyone else?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

It's been 2 days since I installed Denim on my 930 by flashing it with the 059W0X6 product code. Here's my review so far:

-The new Lumia camera app is a speed monster now. From stand by or lock-screen to the camera app around 1 second vs 6 seconds on Cyan. Shot to shot times are also way faster than before, similar to the speed of the Iphone. Focusing speed seems also a bit faster compared to Cyan.
- Less loading screens and the phone seems a bit more responsive but this could be just placebo as it's too hard to measure objectively.
- Rich capture works as intended. Watch this video for details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYeWjRzDWM

Overall, I couldn't be happier with Denim and I'm glad I flashed my phone to get it. :wink:

I agree with all this except for the time between photos; its still slow.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I had Cyan on my 930 (Ireland O2), downloaded the preview for developers to get Denim early, it updated several times and when I unchecked the box for "enable dp" it sowed that I had indeed got Denim installed. However I didn't get the Lumia Camera nor Cortana?? Didn't get the file grouping/folder thing either??

So I read somewhere about doing a hard reset which I did and was a mistake, as I had to set up the phone all over again and once complete pictures were gone (on One Drive anyway) and the other thing that's not working is Xbox Music, I had all my music listed in there for streaming but now its disappeared and the app dopes not appear to sign in??? Any advice on this would be appreciated.

So I am wondering how do I do a proper "roll back" to Cyan? It says I have Denim but I don't have any of the new features so no point in having it!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb